2007 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Best little car you can get
By wpspan on 05/07/10 22:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car right after a deployment and I can say with out a doubt people are in shock what I put it throught.I been fishing working same time anything possible I can do with it.WHere I am we had a rain storm same time very muddy I saw trucks get stuck on dirt roads his little car go throught with easy and same time handle like a PRO same time handling on tight corners is impressive I had a pontiac grand prix before the handling is alot more sluggish then this little focus.What I defently know is MPG is worth.Did road trip with it twice traveled 1600miles and cost me less then $300 down and back all I did was keeping the speed limit.

Incredible Mileage and Fun to Drive
By Matthew on 02/05/10 10:27 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Can not say enough good things about this car. Very comfortable (but I did get leather seats) and much better mileage than edmunds lists, not sure where edmunds is getting their numbers from but believe me, I have never had such a fuel efficient vehicle. I get 40mpg on highway and 30mpg in city. Super peppy, wheel control feels like a Volkswagen, ride feels like a honda, electronics are impressive, stereo sounds amazing, much more room inside than one would think. Only complaint would be the trunk, it doesn't close correctly if you just casually close it. But that is sooo minor. I never thought Ford would ever make a vehicle this well, and it has changed my impression of Ford forever!!!

Good Value, overall...
By Collin on 05/03/09 20:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased this vehicle after owning a 2000 Focus LX. Our new coupe looked great in red with black cloth interior. We paid about $16k BUT were very impressed with the improvements made over the 2000 model. The interior quality is much improved, as is the sound deadening, ride, handling, and POWER. The DOHC 2.0L offers plenty of mid-range torque with an impressive intake growl. The brakes are good, but lack anti-lock. The stock sound system is adequate. The vehicle handles VERY well for its class; it is difficult to lose grip even in the wet. Replaced alternator at 48,000 miles ($220 from AutoZone), and a front marker lamp at 44,000 miles. Overall, we love the looks and performance.

Too Awesome of a car! TOTALLY WORTH IT!
By Jarrett on 03/09/09 16:54 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I wrote a review on here not too long ago and I have read some of the reviews on here. I'm sorry to hear that some people had problems with Pirelli tires. I didn't have to replace 2 of them until I was just over 45,000 miles on my car, and that's after my driving like a bat out of hell . Besides regular maintenance, I only had to replace a tail light bulb. The performance of the car is awesome- I can outrun many cars when I need to! It's always fun to drive, especially fast! With all of this, I'm getting on average 30 to 32mpg and when I chill out from going fast I get as much as 38mpg. Totally worth the purchase! I'm not planning to buy another car anytime soon. I made a great choice.

Happy with my Focus
By Happy with it on 02/25/09 09:49 AM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Focus, and about the 10th Ford I've owned. The vehicle has great reliability, I do all highway driving and have averaged about 31.5 MPG. It's not as good as my old Mazda GLC (averaged 51 MPG) I had in college, but for a commuter vehicle it's pretty good. I intend to give it to my 14 y.o. as his car when he is ready.

Works great and takes the punishment
By trvlingsalesma on 07/10/08 15:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought htis car to use in travelling sales job. I have almost 72k miles on this car since 9/06 and only a few problems. As others have stated the Pirelli tires were gone at 20k miles. While under warranty cracked hub, broken stabilizer arm and brake drum were replaced. At 30k miles rear struts were replaced ( I sometimes carry excess of 350lbs in trunk and back seat). At 60k thousand miles had to replace alternator. I am large man 5'11" and weigh 300lbs, interior is roomy enough except on trips over 4 hrs. Driver side seat needs to be replaced, but that is my fault. Car still gets great gas mileage and is really quick. Fun to drive in mountains and never fails to go when pushed.

I can care less what you say
By Me on 06/30/07 06:05 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Since birth I've been a Ford enthusiast and that won't change. I've driven my share or cars (This meaning Civic and Focus) and I love the Focus much more. I currently have a ZX-3 do to the fact I like the style better than the sedan. I also love the list of performance parts I'm entitled to from Steeda, Roush, and Saleen. Although my Focus is stock with a five speed, it drives fast, handles perfect, comfortable, and gets great gas mileage. I plan to eventually add minor performance from Steeda and maybe in the future buy a 2005 Saleen Focus. 150 horsepower 150 lb ft tq with an all aluminum I-4. I test drove a regular S-121 and loved it right away.

Very Satisfied!
By Azariah on 04/20/07 21:05 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Ford Focus! One of the best features is the SecureLock Anti-Theft system- without a programmed key, no key will work in the ignition switch! I love the look, feel, and the way that the car drives. My gas mileage for right now is a bit sluggish. I'm averaging between 290 and 330 miles per tank, which isn't very much with my automatic. But I have less than 5000 miles on it so I believe it will improve. This car is certainly worth the money, and for me being a college student, this was the perfect fit for my first new car. This was the perfect upgrade from my 1993 Toyota Camry that was dying out on me. Certainly worth the buy!

Ford Focus ZX3
By Chris on 04/09/07 17:25 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This car is very fun to drive. With the 5 speed manual transmission it makes it very fun, and it also can hold its own for speed. I am very happy with the car. The build is more lower scale trim, but, you get what you pay for. And for the money, it's a very good car with all the options.

So far so good
By pinballlarry on 01/29/07 17:25 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

3 months, 4500 miles so far. Mileage is 32 highway with cruise control at 75 mph, 26 around town. Far better than my old Ranger, but less than EPA unrealistic estimates. No mechanical troubles or noises. Plenty of room in rear seat for most people. Handles very well around corners, much better than anything else I've owned. Pirelli P6 tires are quiet, but track pavement grooves. Acceleration is good for this size car, low end torque is also good. Go through the gears and be in 5th by 40 mph. Brakes good. I have the safety package with side seat airbags, haven't been able to find seat covers that don't interfere with airbags. Sun visors are wimpy and look too cheap. Overall very pleased.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.