Used 2007 Ford Focus ZX3 SES Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Best little car you can get
By wpspan

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car right after a deployment and I can say with out a doubt people are in shock what I put it throught.I been fishing working same time anything possible I can do with it.WHere I am we had a rain storm same time very muddy I saw trucks get stuck on dirt roads his little car go throught with easy and same time handle like a PRO same time handling on tight corners is impressive I had a pontiac grand prix before the handling is alot more sluggish then this little focus.What I defently know is MPG is worth.Did road trip with it twice traveled 1600miles and cost me less then $300 down and back all I did was keeping the speed limit.

The gas milage and convience of space looks small but its bigger then what it looks like

POWER IS always a plus but they need to bring the hatchbacks back love the 2dr sporty look or coupe

Incredible Mileage and Fun to Drive
By Matthew

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Can not say enough good things about this car. Very comfortable (but I did get leather seats) and much better mileage than edmunds lists, not sure where edmunds is getting their numbers from but believe me, I have never had such a fuel efficient vehicle. I get 40mpg on highway and 30mpg in city. Super peppy, wheel control feels like a Volkswagen, ride feels like a honda, electronics are impressive, stereo sounds amazing, much more room inside than one would think. Only complaint would be the trunk, it doesn't close correctly if you just casually close it. But that is sooo minor. I never thought Ford would ever make a vehicle this well, and it has changed my impression of Ford forever!!!

Gas Mileage!!!! Stereo controls on steering wheel, moonroof, stereo system, fluid ride and amazing pep in acceleration.

Fix Trunk! Bigger wheels, not a fan of low-profile hoody wheels, add a computer display [to show mileage, time, temp, compass, etc.] BRING BACK THE HATCHBACK!!

Good Value, overall...
By Collin

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We purchased this vehicle after owning a 2000 Focus LX. Our new coupe looked great in red with black cloth interior. We paid about $16k BUT were very impressed with the improvements made over the 2000 model. The interior quality is much improved, as is the sound deadening, ride, handling, and POWER. The DOHC 2.0L offers plenty of mid-range torque with an impressive intake growl. The brakes are good, but lack anti-lock. The stock sound system is adequate. The vehicle handles VERY well for its class; it is difficult to lose grip even in the wet. Replaced alternator at 48,000 miles ($220 from AutoZone), and a front marker lamp at 44,000 miles. Overall, we love the looks and performance.

Intake note, equipment-to-price ratio, plenty of interior storage, sweet wheel and tire combo, great seats, decent sound system, lots of room in the back seat, even for a relatively tall person. Foglamps are quite bright. Lots of compliments on thestyling. Ice-cold A/C. Flex- antenna on roof!

Cries out desperately for anti-lock brakes. A few interior rattles at nearly 50K. Persistent squeak from left-rear, interior somewhere... Could benefit from 4-wheel-disc brakes. Tire-balancing issues cause vibration at interstate speeds. Could use more power, but I could say that about any car.

Too Awesome of a car! TOTALLY WORTH IT!
By Jarrett

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I wrote a review on here not too long ago and I have read some of the reviews on here. I'm sorry to hear that some people had problems with Pirelli tires. I didn't have to replace 2 of them until I was just over 45,000 miles on my car, and that's after my driving like a bat out of hell . Besides regular maintenance, I only had to replace a tail light bulb. The performance of the car is awesome- I can outrun many cars when I need to! It's always fun to drive, especially fast! With all of this, I'm getting on average 30 to 32mpg and when I chill out from going fast I get as much as 38mpg. Totally worth the purchase! I'm not planning to buy another car anytime soon. I made a great choice.

Everything! I must stay that the performance, the small size of the car (so if I need to squeeze in a tight parking space I can do it easily), the gas mileage, the sound of my car with my mods on it... just everything about my car!

I want to see the hatchback in future Focus models with a faster engine. I truly dislike the new 2008+ models- they're not aesthetically pleasing. Bring back the hatchback and with a faster engine- I will certainly pick up another Focus then!

Happy with my Focus
By Happy with it

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Focus, and about the 10th Ford I've owned. The vehicle has great reliability, I do all highway driving and have averaged about 31.5 MPG. It's not as good as my old Mazda GLC (averaged 51 MPG) I had in college, but for a commuter vehicle it's pretty good. I intend to give it to my 14 y.o. as his car when he is ready.

MPG

Extend side view mirror out a little.