Used 2007 Ford Focus ZX3 SE Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Simply a GREAT car!!!!
By rshipman88

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

To start off I have the 2007 SE 5 speed automatic model. I bought her brand new hot off the lot in June of '07 and I have been happy with it ever since. My car is my life line, with that said my car has NEVER given me a lick of problems and has always gotten at least 25mpg. All the times me and 4 of my family and friends pile into her and take off for a night out in a downtown location, with the extra weight in stop and go traffic she has made not so much as a squeek. Even the times I got mad at my husband and floored her down the road, not a squeek. When me hubby and i moved from Atlanta to Austin, Texas the storage was very spacious (all of our clothes, and our cat boots) fit.

Favorite Features

Storage space (Hatchback!!!), 5 cup holders, She can take a beating ( backed of a ditch and messed up the bottom front drivers side behind the front left wheel, got it fixed of course, and got rear ended going 30 and it didnt even lose the bumber, just looked like some scratches and the foam did not break!!!), Can fit 5 grown people and all of their stuff without an issue. AC is awesome (keep in mind i live in Texas). Stock sound system is nice ( although no input jack for ipod, but the radio always gets great reception, and 6 CD changer is nice). The rims are nice 17 spoke alloy. The engine runs very smoothly (at 60,000 miles) alond with the transmission is smooth. GREAT CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suggested Improvements

Just an aux input jack for ipods. That is all

Good ride, unprdictable reliablity
By B-rad020

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my ZX3 brand new in May, '07. Loved it. Great on gas and heavy power for its engine size and rating. I could smoke many Cobalts and others in its class. Don't know about a Dodge Neon or Cobalt SS. Everything was awesome until about 7 months into ownership when it developed problems with the fuel system. When you'd fill up with gas it wouldn't want to crank. It was at the dealership I know of 8 times for this issue from the beginning of '08 to July '09 and the problem has recently recurred. I used to be a very big Ford fan recommending them to everybody. This ownership experience with this car and this dealership has put an end to that.

Favorite Features

Sound sys. CD plyr. interior design. Great Engine and performance.

Suggested Improvements

Better BUILD QUALITY and Ford's much needed capability to resolve issues with their products.

Went Downhill Fast
By NDO

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My husband and I got this car less than two years ago brand new. We only use it for commuting to work so it has low mileage. It doesn't get the posted fuel economy.. 6 months ago it started shuddering at stops. They told us it was a transmission leak and supposedly fixed it. Two weeks ago it began dying at stops so they replaced a tranny gasket. Now only two weeks later, its shuddering, dying, and has a fast leak of transmission fluid puddling everywhere. We can smell it as we drive, too. Ford is putting a bandaid on a big hidden problem and we're thinking of trading this lemon in before the warranty is out and we're stuck replacing a transmission out of pocket.

Favorite Features

Head room in the backseat

Suggested Improvements

better quality parts, back seats that lay down flatter

Focus has gone way downhill
By hh

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Focus. At 40K miles, the stock 6 CD player started draining the battery, causing me to need jumps as long as the main fuse allowed power to the radio/Cd. I spoke with Ford - not covered. Nearly new car, dying nightly, now working again only because I pulled the fuse. Ford is aware of the issue, but won't work it. This has soured me on Ford, and the Focus, and I won;t be buying another FMC product.

Favorite Features

Style

Suggested Improvements

dependability - a nearly new car should not experience the problem I have, and if so, it should be covered by Ford

Love this car!
By Cocotinne

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Over all, this is the best car I ever owned; once the back seats are folded, the trunk is so big, people dont believe what I put in it. I need space in the back and this car is perfect. I plan to keep it for a long time.

Favorite Features

Heated seats! CD slot! Sunroof! Mag wheels look cool! Excellent handling, comfort...

Suggested Improvements

The cup holders are not convenient; hard to access them when driving. The can holders in the door are the same; useless actually, I have manual window openers; I guess it was meant for electric ones.