2007 Ford Focus ZX3 S Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2007 Focus Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Sort Reviews by

Extremely reliable.
By cdhghs

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Focus brand new in 2006 for business usage. I drive an average of 10,000+ miles per month, having the oil change every 3,500 mi. This car has been nothing but reliable for me and my business needs. I have always been able to count on it to get me from coast to coast. Minor wear and tear repairs are to be expected, as with any car. The most costly repair I've had to get was a new fuel pump in the middle of 2010, and of course tires and brakes. Other than that at 315,000+mi it's time to trade it in for a new Focus. Thanks Ford!

Favorite Features

Simplistic but not overly simplistic. Great stereo for a entry level car.

Suggested Improvements

None that I can think of.

A Keeper
By marcopolo6

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car with 18,000 miles on it. Had to replace water pump shortly after purchase (covered under warranty.) Airbag dash light comes on occasionally. Replaced left rear tail light bulb twice (so far.) Tires needed replacement at about 25,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage (33 mpg combination city and highway.) Fun to drive. Reliable. Comfortable cabin (I'm 6' and I'm comfortable in it.) Controls within easy reach. Able to load hatch with oversize items (when seats folded down.) Despite above mentioned problems, I love the car. It's solid and dependable and I hope to drive it at least 200,000 miles. Taking good care of it. Exterior styling has come back in the 2012 models. Timeless.

Suggested Improvements

I've read other reviews about the airbag dash light (what's that all about?) Cup holders somewhat hard to reach. Also rear light bulbs burning out. Better tires.

The other lawrence
By lawrence

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I own 2 foci a 2000 with 192,856 zx3& a 2004 wagon 116,743 both autos still on original engines and transmissions no major repairs I have used them both for a while as delivery cars the wagon could carry more. 35 mpg highway to the other Lawrence could it be how you drive but you did not spec your mileage except it was high. Wish you well in getting it sorted I am still waiting for the Focus rs 302 hp as usual the Europeans still get the better Focus. yours, the Lawrence

Favorite Features

beating cars at red lights

Suggested Improvements

head restraints change angle of forward tilt to more vertical

A great little car
By scenicdrive

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Works hard daily over a long commute with steep hills and rocky roads - and has never let me down. Was economical to purchase and much better gas mileage than advertised. This car is helping our family save and get through the economic downturn. No frills but a comfortable dependable car.

Favorite Features

Stick shift is fun to drive and saves on brakes when driving steep and windy Highway 74.

Suggested Improvements

It's a little squeaky on the dirt roads but I've gotten used to it.

Love this car!!!
By Jimbo`

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. The interior is a little plain compared to the Colbalt and stuff. But otherwise, this has been a great car. It now has over 55,000 miles on it, and is still running strong. I haven't had to replace a thing on this car. Its great for me. I just can't stop talking about it.

Favorite Features

Good pick up, the gas is great, the interior doesn't stain easily, 4 cup holders, mp3 player

Suggested Improvements

Interior is a little plain. (They fixed that for '08)

Second '07 ZX3
By 45solo

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second ZX3. My first '07 was totaled in March. Both of these cars are/were 5 speed S models. The only option on both was A/C. I have gotten 39 to 40 mpg on both these cars without running the air. With the A/C on I get 34 to 35. This car is a lot of fun to drive and the only negative comment would be the road noise-- it's not a problem on good roads. Maybe Ford will make another hatchback soon. The second one had Goodyears the first Hankook tires. The Goodyears are not as quiet but they are holding up well at 17,500 miles. This is a great car for the money. I can recommend it highly.

Favorite Features

Love the styling of the hatchback. Ford needs to bring this model back. The '08 is not something I would buy.

Suggested Improvements

Side airbags should have been standard on the '07.

Paulo's focus
By pauloantonio

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Best mileage so far is 36.5 MPG. Five speed manual shifts easily. On open road, car interior is very noisey (road noise), and is the only downside. Fit and finish was ok since hatch was not aligned very well from factory. Placement of the aux power receptacle is questionable since located very high on the dash. I use the car for basic commute averaging 75 miles per day. Unfortunate that Ford decided to discontinue the hatch. Smaller engine (1.5 liter )and taller gears (2 thru 6 instead of 1 thru 5) would have made great mileage candidate. Advertised split rear seat refers to seat back only, and not seat bottom, so not truely a split seat configuration.

Favorite Features

Low price, good mileage, nice color (tour-red), good cargo space

Suggested Improvements

Reduce road noise. Smaller engine (1.5 liter )and taller gears (2 thru 6 instead of 1 thru 5) would have made great mileage candidate. Better fit and finish. Fix split rear seat. Cruise control should not be an option. Bring the hatch back.

Best car for the money..hands down!
By doug crowton

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 2nd Focus ZX3. 01 and now an 07. Love it. No problems and got out of an 03 Wrangler to save on fuel. Top quality for a small car. Excellent fit finish and driving fun.

Favorite Features

Handling is the best of any small car. Tops in fuel mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Better cup holders would be nice.

Satisfied Customer
By Suze

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So far I'm getting about 34 to 35 mpg on standard 5-speed. It seems wider and is higher than my Escort wagon, which I prefer. I think it is a good value compared to others on the market. For me, if it's not a Ford, it's not a car.

Favorite Features

Peppy, sporty.

Suggested Improvements

Not so wide, not so high. More like the old Escort wagon, which I loved more than any car I have ever owned.

Go get one!
By bruce allen

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Best car buying experience I have ever had, no contest. Salesman and dealer were superb. The car is fabulous. Compared to my wife's Scion, this car cost the same and is much, ,more. No comparison. And the Scion is a nice car. Generous factory rebate of $2500. I bought my beautiful light blue Focus hatchback for less than $12,000. No money out of pocket. Car is fun and sportscar like. Ford is stupidly dropping the hatchback. Go get one while you can!

Favorite Features

Tight feel, sporty ride. Fun to drive. Beautiful exterior styling. Best car available for the money.

Suggested Improvements

Rear seat rests and cruise control would be nice.