Used 2007 Ford Focus Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Extremely reliable.
By cdhghs

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Focus brand new in 2006 for business usage. I drive an average of 10,000+ miles per month, having the oil change every 3,500 mi. This car has been nothing but reliable for me and my business needs. I have always been able to count on it to get me from coast to coast. Minor wear and tear repairs are to be expected, as with any car. The most costly repair I've had to get was a new fuel pump in the middle of 2010, and of course tires and brakes. Other than that at 315,000+mi it's time to trade it in for a new Focus. Thanks Ford!

Favorite Features

Simplistic but not overly simplistic. Great stereo for a entry level car.

Suggested Improvements

None that I can think of.

Simply a GREAT car!!!!
By rshipman88

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

To start off I have the 2007 SE 5 speed automatic model. I bought her brand new hot off the lot in June of '07 and I have been happy with it ever since. My car is my life line, with that said my car has NEVER given me a lick of problems and has always gotten at least 25mpg. All the times me and 4 of my family and friends pile into her and take off for a night out in a downtown location, with the extra weight in stop and go traffic she has made not so much as a squeek. Even the times I got mad at my husband and floored her down the road, not a squeek. When me hubby and i moved from Atlanta to Austin, Texas the storage was very spacious (all of our clothes, and our cat boots) fit.

Favorite Features

Storage space (Hatchback!!!), 5 cup holders, She can take a beating ( backed of a ditch and messed up the bottom front drivers side behind the front left wheel, got it fixed of course, and got rear ended going 30 and it didnt even lose the bumber, just looked like some scratches and the foam did not break!!!), Can fit 5 grown people and all of their stuff without an issue. AC is awesome (keep in mind i live in Texas). Stock sound system is nice ( although no input jack for ipod, but the radio always gets great reception, and 6 CD changer is nice). The rims are nice 17 spoke alloy. The engine runs very smoothly (at 60,000 miles) alond with the transmission is smooth. GREAT CAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Suggested Improvements

Just an aux input jack for ipods. That is all

A Keeper
By marcopolo6

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car with 18,000 miles on it. Had to replace water pump shortly after purchase (covered under warranty.) Airbag dash light comes on occasionally. Replaced left rear tail light bulb twice (so far.) Tires needed replacement at about 25,000 miles.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage (33 mpg combination city and highway.) Fun to drive. Reliable. Comfortable cabin (I'm 6' and I'm comfortable in it.) Controls within easy reach. Able to load hatch with oversize items (when seats folded down.) Despite above mentioned problems, I love the car. It's solid and dependable and I hope to drive it at least 200,000 miles. Taking good care of it. Exterior styling has come back in the 2012 models. Timeless.

Suggested Improvements

I've read other reviews about the airbag dash light (what's that all about?) Cup holders somewhat hard to reach. Also rear light bulbs burning out. Better tires.

The other lawrence
By lawrence

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I own 2 foci a 2000 with 192,856 zx3& a 2004 wagon 116,743 both autos still on original engines and transmissions no major repairs I have used them both for a while as delivery cars the wagon could carry more. 35 mpg highway to the other Lawrence could it be how you drive but you did not spec your mileage except it was high. Wish you well in getting it sorted I am still waiting for the Focus rs 302 hp as usual the Europeans still get the better Focus. yours, the Lawrence

Favorite Features

beating cars at red lights

Suggested Improvements

head restraints change angle of forward tilt to more vertical

door locks
By George Duranleau

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It's too easy to lock door with electronic door locks when keys are in ignition.

Favorite Features

Smooth ride on rough roads

Suggested Improvements

Make so doors won't lock with keys in ignition