2007 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Extremely reliable.
By cdhghs on 01/31/12 18:56 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Focus brand new in 2006 for business usage. I drive an average of 10,000+ miles per month, having the oil change every 3,500 mi. This car has been nothing but reliable for me and my business needs. I have always been able to count on it to get me from coast to coast. Minor wear and tear repairs are to be expected, as with any car. The most costly repair I've had to get was a new fuel pump in the middle of 2010, and of course tires and brakes. Other than that at 315,000+mi it's time to trade it in for a new Focus. Thanks Ford!

Simply a GREAT car!!!!
By rshipman88 on 08/11/11 07:39 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

To start off I have the 2007 SE 5 speed automatic model. I bought her brand new hot off the lot in June of '07 and I have been happy with it ever since. My car is my life line, with that said my car has NEVER given me a lick of problems and has always gotten at least 25mpg. All the times me and 4 of my family and friends pile into her and take off for a night out in a downtown location, with the extra weight in stop and go traffic she has made not so much as a squeek. Even the times I got mad at my husband and floored her down the road, not a squeek. When me hubby and i moved from Atlanta to Austin, Texas the storage was very spacious (all of our clothes, and our cat boots) fit.

A Keeper
By marcopolo6 on 04/12/11 02:36 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car with 18,000 miles on it. Had to replace water pump shortly after purchase (covered under warranty.) Airbag dash light comes on occasionally. Replaced left rear tail light bulb twice (so far.) Tires needed replacement at about 25,000 miles.

The other lawrence
By lawrence on 10/23/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I own 2 foci a 2000 with 192,856 zx3& a 2004 wagon 116,743 both autos still on original engines and transmissions no major repairs I have used them both for a while as delivery cars the wagon could carry more. 35 mpg highway to the other Lawrence could it be how you drive but you did not spec your mileage except it was high. Wish you well in getting it sorted I am still waiting for the Focus rs 302 hp as usual the Europeans still get the better Focus. yours, the Lawrence

door locks
By George Duranleau on 09/01/10 12:53 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

It's too easy to lock door with electronic door locks when keys are in ignition.

A great little car
By scenicdrive on 05/30/10 20:15 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Works hard daily over a long commute with steep hills and rocky roads - and has never let me down. Was economical to purchase and much better gas mileage than advertised. This car is helping our family save and get through the economic downturn. No frills but a comfortable dependable car.

Saved my Life
By mstack on 05/21/10 20:59 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had this car for just 19 days, but it saved my life. I got in an accident today and the cars safety systems went off without a hitch. I could not be more grateful for how the car responded to the crash, but me and my passenger both walked out of the vehicle with nothing bit a stinging arm from the air bag and a scraped shoulder from the seat belt. This car saved my life and my passengers life. It's safe, economical, and in the 19 days I had it, I loved it. I would buy another one in a heartbeat, but hopefully it held up enough so I can salvage the one I have.

Best little car you can get
By wpspan on 05/07/10 22:45 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car right after a deployment and I can say with out a doubt people are in shock what I put it throught.I been fishing working same time anything possible I can do with it.WHere I am we had a rain storm same time very muddy I saw trucks get stuck on dirt roads his little car go throught with easy and same time handle like a PRO same time handling on tight corners is impressive I had a pontiac grand prix before the handling is alot more sluggish then this little focus.What I defently know is MPG is worth.Did road trip with it twice traveled 1600miles and cost me less then $300 down and back all I did was keeping the speed limit.

Good ride, unprdictable reliablity
By B-rad020 on 04/08/10 16:28 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my ZX3 brand new in May, '07. Loved it. Great on gas and heavy power for its engine size and rating. I could smoke many Cobalts and others in its class. Don't know about a Dodge Neon or Cobalt SS. Everything was awesome until about 7 months into ownership when it developed problems with the fuel system. When you'd fill up with gas it wouldn't want to crank. It was at the dealership I know of 8 times for this issue from the beginning of '08 to July '09 and the problem has recently recurred. I used to be a very big Ford fan recommending them to everybody. This ownership experience with this car and this dealership has put an end to that.

my foci
By my foci on 03/25/10 19:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Very satisfied I'm happy I bought this car, very quite comfortable ride, amazing gas mileage, style everything. Well done Ford.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.