Used 2007 Ford Focus ZX4 ST Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2007 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Follow up review on an excellent ride
By lilboyracer

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

At 37k miles a f/you review: I love this car. In fact I catch myself thinking of upgrading to say a 335i or something and then going. Nah. I'm keeping this at least till a 100k miles since it is so good to drive. It has been very reliable with only normal wear items brakes/tires needing replacement. Quite easily one of the most underrated cars out there and tremendous handling/steering and overall fun factor. The gearbox is now well bedded in and butter smooth. Fuel economy is the only negative but is more because this car encourages hooligan driving. I wring it out and it gives me about 21 mpg. However-drive properly and on a long cross-country trip I got a steady 35 mpg.

Favorite Features

SAP 1 Package and EAP wheels : car looks very sharp like the WRC focus Handling/Steering is perfect Audiophile sound system is excellent Creature comforts at the price-heated seats/sunroof/leather are unbelievable

Suggested Improvements

Gas mileage--see above A little more horsepower--if they cud avoid torque steer..car is actually very balanced with its present setup.

Good and Economical
By Brian

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Very solid used car we bought. My wife's commute is 30 miles each way, and this car gets minimally 38 mpg on the highway and about 35-36 in the city. The engine and transmission are a little noisy, but not bad. I am 6'4" and can drive the car without space issues. It has a huge trunk. It also handles extremely well. We recently took it up to about 4000 feet above sea level in the NC foothills and it took curves easily.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, trunk, numerous cup holders.

Suggested Improvements

Make the engine more quiet.

A SPECIAL CAR
By MAT FROM MESA, AZ

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Ford did a good thing with the ST. It handles like a dream and is fun to drive. My wife and I love it! Too bad Ford stopped the ST. It has been good on fuel with a high of 37 Hwy and averaging 28-30 in town. This car eats the mountain roads in Arizona and is a real road car! We are in our 60's and would like to see Ford do something with the new Focus, turbo, etc. Just because you are a senior doesn't mean the younger generation are the only ones to have fun driving! Bring it on, Ford!! We'll be looking (and hoping).

Favorite Features

Comfortable seating, nice sound system, plenty of nice features and tech equipment. Like the 2.3 and the power. Car sound nice too with the upscaled exhaust.

Suggested Improvements

The 205-50-16 tire size wears out at 22,000 miles. Went to a 205-55-16 Michilins to overcome this.

Focus ST - 2.3 Litres of Pure Fun!
By fast07st

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have the 2007 ST - a special performance model. The 2.3 L engine delivers good power (151 HP) and great torque (154 lbs) at a low rpm. It is more than adequate, better still can be easily improved. The car's upgraded suspension handles great at high speeds and is still comfortable to drive. It's very stable and responsive (the euro spec ST & SVT heritage helps here). Brakes are also very good with 4 wheel disk and ABS. Winter driving is helped by the traction control, heated seats & mirrors. Summer is fun w/ the sunroof, A/C & the great sounding Sony speakers and tuned stereo with a sub. I found the car very well optioned for the price. I look forward to drive it as much as possible.

Favorite Features

Street appearance (GFX) package. Makes it look like the WRC Focus. 2.3 L. Sport suspension. 4 wheels disk brakes. Leather & suede interior seats. Audiophile stereo with Sony speakers & sub. Foldable & heated mirrors

Suggested Improvements

2.3 with the addition of the turbo would be just pure fun!

Peppy little car
By butterscotch

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

It may seem silly, but the removable cup holders ended up being quite the lifesaver! Fast turns and sharp braking always caused my coffee to spill over, and now cleaning is a snap! Just take the cupholder out after work and pop it into the dishwasher. Awesome idea, wonder why my other cars didn't have this feature. The major flaw I found is that the paint is scratched and chipped way too easily. New scratches seem to appear out nowhere everyday! Everything else on this car is solid, and this car is definitely underpriced considering its build quality, reliability, and amusing driving experience.

Favorite Features

Spacious interior, smooth shifting, can handle extremely high speeds rather well, removable cupholders, good mpg, solid brakes.

Suggested Improvements

Faster pick-up speeds [like after a red light] Easily scratched.