2007 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
I can't wait to dump this *&$^%& car!
By odawg1981 on 04/18/13 09:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car brand new in 2007. I currently have 88k miles on it, had problems from the start. Had to get front axle replaced covered under warranty. Replaced tires twice because the suspension wears the tires fast and I have blown two out hitting pot holes. One thing I found is this car does not like the cold. The fan on the heater squeaks, dashboard rattles, steering wheel shakes. Car makes every groan and squeak possible. Had to replace the lug nuts because tires were about to fall off. Antenna fell off, drives door doesn't lock/unlock with remote. Replaced alternator and battery at 80k miles. Screw on the shifter fell off and I could literally pull it off...dont buy this car ...

Consider a different vehicle
By ndowner87 on 03/22/13 12:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Poor engineering with the backing of a company that doesn't know what customer service is. 4 years of ownership with visits to 5 different Ford dealerships I never want a Ford again. The vehicle is known to go through tires fast so no tire company will replace them during the "warranty". Brake lines wear at 40k and the dealership I bought the car from along with a premium warranty said that at 40,001 miles it wasn't their problem. The 2 visits beforehand all it needed was silicon spray to fix it. My transmission has had problems from day 1 of delivery, but again its not their problem. Please consider alternative vehicles and automotive companies before purchasing a Ford.

Reliable & Great Value
By focus2007 on 07/22/12 11:37 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After owning this car for 5 years & 100,000kms later our family has had not one mechnical issue with this car. Reliability is the most important factor we consider when purchasing a vehicle no one wants to be broken down on the side of the road in these Canadian winters and this car has delivered great reliability. We have done 40+ mpg (imperial Gallons) on many road trips. The heated leather seats were the best $800 dollars option i ever bought they are so much more comfy than the standard seats, a 1400 kms trip did not leave me stiff or sore all over like most econo cars. Yes we did change those Pirelli's prematurely. this is the only thing people have to complain about?? such easy fix

Outstanding
By greenpony on 05/29/12 11:54 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am writing this review after five years and 120,000 miles of nearly problem-free ownership. This car is simple, inexpensive, reliable, and fuel-efficient transportation. Been in the shop twice, only for suspension-related problems. I blame Illinois' pockmarked roads. Comfort is adequate for four people. Trunk is cavernous. MPG is outstanding! Post-2008 EPA ratings are 24/33, and I've only had two tanks below 30 mpg (both 29.7). 40 mpg isn't uncommon in the summer. Reliability is excellent, should have no problem with ANOTHER 120,000 miles.

Be Wary of Ford Products
By gawain3 on 01/07/12 12:02 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in the fall of 2006. There are design flaws in the low profile tires, resulting in blow outs and bent rims in Ohio winters. The car suffers excessive road noise. It also is built with inferior Chinese metal. The stabilizer bars were recently repaired, and all of the undercarriage heat shields were replaced. Total cost? $1,021.90. The heat shields should have been recalled, as almost every Ford owner I know from this year to now has the same issues with the heat shields. They are made of cheap, inferior Chinese steel.

Trading it in.
By Stephanie on 07/27/10 13:11 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car in March of 2008 and had no significant problems until January of this year with 50000 miles on it. First my alternator went out and blew a hole in battery. Most of the car is plastic so my small fender bender consist of replacing large sidings of the vehicle. Over $800 for the bumper. Then while driving my tensioner idle pulley froze up and broke causing my belt to come off my car. After getting that towed and dealing with NO space replace the pulley and belt I've had enough. The alternator is located underneath the engine in the back. To replace the belt you have to remove the heat sheild, alternator, and reservoir just to realize your have few inches to work with.

Yay. Finally!
By happiowner07 on 06/30/10 21:38 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I used to be the owner of an 08Saturn Vue, but after it was stolen I bought a the 07 Ford Focus and can't believe how happy I am with it. So spacious, great interior design, and sleek radio/ac design. Really fun to drive, because it doesn't sit too high or too low. Glad I made the switch from Saturn to Ford at only 18 I'm sure I'll be hooked for life.

Transmission
By Lawrence on 05/26/10 10:55 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I cannot believe my Transmission needs replacement. Yes, I have a lot of miles. That should not make a difference.

Great car!
By Andy on 02/26/10 17:02 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned this car for over 2 years and logged about 53k miles on it so far. I love it. Original Pirelli tires will prob last to 60k - not sure why some people have to change them so often. No maintenance issues so far, just the scheduled stuff. I consistently beat the MPG rating on this car. It averages 35 MPG on highway trips, driving at 65ish mph. Obviously not a Mustang, but it has plenty of pickup if you gas it. With a full load of adult passengers or some A/C, it will tend to bog down a bit, but it's a fair trade for the fuel economy. Seats are comfortable for me (5'8", 165 lbs).

Almost 100,000 - Not a single problem
By Greg on 01/31/10 14:39 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

All I have done is change the oil and replace one headlamp (which is a royal pain). Great gas mileage. Good driving. My first American made car - no complaints.

1 2 3 4 5 next »

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.