Used 2007 Ford Focus ZX4 S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2007 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Reliable and sensible
By northbay525

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The 2007 Ford Focus zx4 s pzev is a great buy. I had been driving around rental cars for 3 months prior to purchasing this car and i'd take it over any of those brand new rentals. Clutch feels awesome on this vehicle. Plus its manual everything!locks, windows, everything and none of those stupid touch buttons. Anything automatic on a car brakes eventually. I commute 2 hours a day and last leg of commute is up a mountain, it runs up it like nothing. brand new chevy cruze and sonic don't run up the mountain like the focus. Also tall head space, a 6 foot man wont smack his head on the ceiling coming in and out unlike Japanese imports. Only Con is the seats, not comfortable at all

Manual trans, manual windows, manual locks, lots of cup holders, gas mileage, power, clutch feel, price, head room

seats and comfort

Surprisingly fun for bare bones car
By bugsycat

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car a year ago as a third car for my kids to use for work when they're home from college. I had previously owned a 2001 Focus that I bought new in 2001, which was a loaded model that I was very happy with. This model is a stripper, with tinny doors. The only extras are A/C, CD player, auto trans, and remote trunk release. Despite the fact that I bought this for the kids, I find myself driving it quite a bit. I like the gas mileage and find the power more than adequate, if a bit buzzy. The trunk is huge and the interior is quite roomy for the size. It is a very spartan car, with hard plastics in abundance. I've put 10,000 miles on it and not had a problem.

Handling, room, gas mileage, looks.

Could use more sound deadening and why couldn't Ford include a center armrest as standard?!

Not bad.
By mojo31

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for a couple years now. As far as I understand, it was a fleet car. Likes: Being able to see over the hood, unlike many cars today. Dislikes: I can't speak for every Focus on the road, but in terms of mileage, mine turned out to be a lemon. When I first bought this car, I drove in town during my job. At that time, my focus got about 16 miles per gallon. On the highway, the best it's ever done is 28 miles per gallon. Quite a ways off from the 25/35 I was told. Also, I don't know if it was the tires my car came with, but it is awful driving in the snow. I now put snow tires on the front during the winter. That is the only way it's controllable.

I wish it had an MP3 input, but I suppose it depends on the model. I had to replace a sensor in the transmission.

Like this car
By tg

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Newest car I've ever purchased. Very comfy for me and gas mileage great. At 30,000 only needs tires (seems too soon) reminder to everyone that the valve stems where a recall. Hood prop too cheap, bent that the first time I used it to jump someone's car. Car doors seem cheap and rattle some when music is playing. Trunk room is great. Very peppy but I'v only owned clunkers before this. good on wintry roads.

I like my electric blue paint job. Fun to drive. Good trunk space. Changeable automatic electric features (like turning off the autolock)

Arm rest between seats, hood prop, make battery easier to replace on my own

Falling apart
By GGL225

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Lots of things broken or falling apart on this car after only tw and half years. Today we had to replace the ignition switch as it locked down on the key and wouldnt release it. To the tune of $almost $400 bucks at the dealer. Their comment was , "This is a common problem on the Focus and Fusion'. Yeah, Ford=Fix Or Repair Daily.

Not bad gas mileage at around 30 highway. Ride is not that great and power stinks.