2007 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Reliable and sensible
By northbay525 on 01/20/14 17:04 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The 2007 Ford Focus zx4 s pzev is a great buy. I had been driving around rental cars for 3 months prior to purchasing this car and i'd take it over any of those brand new rentals. Clutch feels awesome on this vehicle. Plus its manual everything!locks, windows, everything and none of those stupid touch buttons. Anything automatic on a car brakes eventually. I commute 2 hours a day and last leg of commute is up a mountain, it runs up it like nothing. brand new chevy cruze and sonic don't run up the mountain like the focus. Also tall head space, a 6 foot man wont smack his head on the ceiling coming in and out unlike Japanese imports. Only Con is the seats, not comfortable at all

I love my Focus
By cseaman on 01/01/14 15:18 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I had a Escort wagon with 120,000 then I got a 2001 Focus wagon it had some problems. I was hit drivers side and the car came through for me I survived! Built Ford Tuff! So I searched and bought a 2007 left over wagon. I wish Ford did not stop making the wagons as I can fit two teenagers, and 3 dogs in it. It is the best car for the buck and mileage!

I can't wait to dump this *&$^%& car!
By odawg1981 on 04/18/13 09:51 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car brand new in 2007. I currently have 88k miles on it, had problems from the start. Had to get front axle replaced covered under warranty. Replaced tires twice because the suspension wears the tires fast and I have blown two out hitting pot holes. One thing I found is this car does not like the cold. The fan on the heater squeaks, dashboard rattles, steering wheel shakes. Car makes every groan and squeak possible. Had to replace the lug nuts because tires were about to fall off. Antenna fell off, drives door doesn't lock/unlock with remote. Replaced alternator and battery at 80k miles. Screw on the shifter fell off and I could literally pull it off...dont buy this car ...

Consider a different vehicle
By ndowner87 on 03/22/13 12:21 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Poor engineering with the backing of a company that doesn't know what customer service is. 4 years of ownership with visits to 5 different Ford dealerships I never want a Ford again. The vehicle is known to go through tires fast so no tire company will replace them during the "warranty". Brake lines wear at 40k and the dealership I bought the car from along with a premium warranty said that at 40,001 miles it wasn't their problem. The 2 visits beforehand all it needed was silicon spray to fix it. My transmission has had problems from day 1 of delivery, but again its not their problem. Please consider alternative vehicles and automotive companies before purchasing a Ford.

Reliable & Great Value
By focus2007 on 07/22/12 11:37 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After owning this car for 5 years & 100,000kms later our family has had not one mechnical issue with this car. Reliability is the most important factor we consider when purchasing a vehicle no one wants to be broken down on the side of the road in these Canadian winters and this car has delivered great reliability. We have done 40+ mpg (imperial Gallons) on many road trips. The heated leather seats were the best $800 dollars option i ever bought they are so much more comfy than the standard seats, a 1400 kms trip did not leave me stiff or sore all over like most econo cars. Yes we did change those Pirelli's prematurely. this is the only thing people have to complain about?? such easy fix

Outstanding
By greenpony on 05/29/12 11:54 AM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am writing this review after five years and 120,000 miles of nearly problem-free ownership. This car is simple, inexpensive, reliable, and fuel-efficient transportation. Been in the shop twice, only for suspension-related problems. I blame Illinois' pockmarked roads. Comfort is adequate for four people. Trunk is cavernous. MPG is outstanding! Post-2008 EPA ratings are 24/33, and I've only had two tanks below 30 mpg (both 29.7). 40 mpg isn't uncommon in the summer. Reliability is excellent, should have no problem with ANOTHER 120,000 miles.

Surprisingly fun for bare bones car
By bugsycat on 03/31/12 20:35 PM (PDT)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car a year ago as a third car for my kids to use for work when they're home from college. I had previously owned a 2001 Focus that I bought new in 2001, which was a loaded model that I was very happy with. This model is a stripper, with tinny doors. The only extras are A/C, CD player, auto trans, and remote trunk release. Despite the fact that I bought this for the kids, I find myself driving it quite a bit. I like the gas mileage and find the power more than adequate, if a bit buzzy. The trunk is huge and the interior is quite roomy for the size. It is a very spartan car, with hard plastics in abundance. I've put 10,000 miles on it and not had a problem.

Issues
By ltwfcusa on 02/16/12 18:22 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My 2007 ford focus rear door also will not lock manually or with the remote. Report this issue on Safercar.gov This is a safety issue because our kids can just open the rear door because you have no ability to lock the door and/or use the child safety lock feature. This happened to my 2007 Focus and dealer asked for $500. Please report all car issues to the people who force the Auto companies we just bailed out to fix our cars. Safercars.org Report This Now Alternator went out at 60,000 miles $800 and key stuck in ignition at 65,000 miles $800

Extremely reliable.
By cdhghs on 01/31/12 18:56 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Focus brand new in 2006 for business usage. I drive an average of 10,000+ miles per month, having the oil change every 3,500 mi. This car has been nothing but reliable for me and my business needs. I have always been able to count on it to get me from coast to coast. Minor wear and tear repairs are to be expected, as with any car. The most costly repair I've had to get was a new fuel pump in the middle of 2010, and of course tires and brakes. Other than that at 315,000+mi it's time to trade it in for a new Focus. Thanks Ford!

Not bad.
By mojo31 on 01/22/12 13:40 PM (PST)

2007 Ford Focus ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for a couple years now. As far as I understand, it was a fleet car. Likes: Being able to see over the hood, unlike many cars today. Dislikes: I can't speak for every Focus on the road, but in terms of mileage, mine turned out to be a lemon. When I first bought this car, I drove in town during my job. At that time, my focus got about 16 miles per gallon. On the highway, the best it's ever done is 28 miles per gallon. Quite a ways off from the 25/35 I was told. Also, I don't know if it was the tires my car came with, but it is awful driving in the snow. I now put snow tires on the front during the winter. That is the only way it's controllable.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.