Sporty, roomy, good gas mileage, BUT
By Joe C on
2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
This is my second Focus. I purchased a 2000 Focus SE, and now have 93k miles on it, and it still runs well. So, I took out a lease recently on a 2006 ZX4 SES--and mind you, I try many rental cars, so I like to compare. This Focus has all the creature comforts pretty much. It handles firmly like the Corolla, and is roomier both in cabin and trunk space over the Corolla and Civic. The gas mileage is a little less than my 2000 SE, but still very good. Reliability problems experienced in the first 1k miles: doors don't shut smoothly--I have to slam them shut Also, instrument cluster light and tail lights failed--looked for failed fuse--found none so far. Gas cap light on for unknown reason.
Favorite Features
Great sounding CD/MP3 player, optional moon roof, sporty tail fin on the ZX4 SES sedan, and all this for a lease price that was $100 lower monthly than Toyota Corolla and Honda Civic--at least based on the dealers in my area.
Suggested Improvements
Doors on the '06 model don't shut smoothly--I wish they could fix this. Questions about electrical system so far in first 1,000 miles and fuses seem fine but now need to ask dealer. '06 interior is less stylish and more conservative than my retro-style dashboard in the 2000 model.