2006 Ford Focus 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - most comfortable car for the

2006 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

most comfortable car for the money
By josh on

2006 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I started out looking at the Fit and the Yaris, but after rebates and a little price negotiation, I just couldn't pass up the Focus. Sure it might have a lower trade in value, but I also paid a lot less than a comparably equipped import, and the Focus has more options making it more comfortable to drive while I own it. Focus also has a longer power train warranty that is transferable. I was looking at entry level cars, and for the price I don't think the Focus can be beat. Nothing else has as many comfort and convenience features for less than $14,000. Plus I got the dealership to throw in window tint. ;)

Favorite Features

Seats are very comfortable for long distances. Mazda engine has plenty of power. Heated seats and side mirrors, 6 disk in dash changer with sub, leather wrapped steering wheel, fog lights, keyless entry, plenty of room for me at 6'4" tall, 16" alloys. The ride is very smooth.

Suggested Improvements

The overhead storage compartment is a little cheap feeling. I would really like Sirius or XM from the factory. The antenna is too long. Should come with rear floor mats. The spare tire cover is a little thin; it could be a little more solidly built