Kudos for Ford
By Nookarr Beier on
2006 Ford Focus ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
Being thrifty and practical, I researched extensively before buying. The Focus wagon is what I was looking for, and I have been greatly pleased. Averaging 34 mpg (should be 40 in my opinion), lots of cargo space, good comfort features, more power doodads than I care for, comfy seat. I replaced a Corolla wagon with it. While not a Corolla, it's a very good car. I like the ride - suspension carries me across unpaved roads, construction sites, etc. without jarring. I've done high-speed highway driving with passengers as well. No real complaints, but good praise.
Favorite Features
PZEV. The extremely low emissions rating of this car was the clincher. While the hybrids have better fuel economy, their emissions are the same as the Focus sold in the California-compliant states. For the cost difference and practicality, I go with the Focus. Also, comfort, ride, looks.
Suggested Improvements
Rear-view visibility needs improvement. Ford should make this a hybrid. While fuel economy is better than most cars, it should be even better. Driver's window is too high and the plastic is hard - makes it uncomfortable to rest my arm on it. Dome light lingers after shutting the door - annoying.