Used 2006 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Focus Sedan

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

More than I expected
By JIDude

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted an inexpensive vehicle with decent mileage, handling and room enough for the wife and kid. This car is more than I'd expected in terms of: vost, gas mileage, handling, acceleration and interior room. I think one can't go wrong for the price by buying this car.

Favorite Features

Nice handling, quick response, good AC, controls in good locations.

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders are useless. SE trim-level seats do not give good support and are mushy.

Good car for the $$
By Jason

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car brand new in March, I Had 3 things at the top of my want list for my new vehicle purchase. 1~ Under $15K new. 2~ averaged over 26-mpg. 3~ Good warranty. Well my 2006 Focus SE is all of that and then some. My purchase price was $12,550, that was with auto transmission, power windows/locks etc. The car drives and handles great, I am averaging 29-MPG so far, so I'm happy with that. (I've put 15,500 miles on it so far). Overall great car.

Favorite Features

Great driving experience, peppy little 2L motor. Averaging 29~mpg in combined city/highway driving.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the position of the worthless cup holders, put a rubber tray on top of the dash like the F-150's currently have. A very bland exterior color choice offering, need to inject some excitement into the color choices.

Great Handling Car!
By Tommy

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this Focus in August 06 and it has impressed me so far. Handling and power is impressive for a car under $18K. Very comfortable for a small car.

Favorite Features

The torque, brakes, suspension and the shifter. Also enjoy the 6 disc in dash cd player.

Suggested Improvements

Offer a Turbo or Supercharged option to round it out to about 220 horses.

Just a Great Little Car
By Bobby V

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this car mainly as a commuter, but found out it's also a great road car. Handling, quiet & comfortable says it all. Only had for 4 months, but all indications including reliability look very good. Saved a bundle compared to competition. Very good ergonomics, easy new car to get used to. I think mileage will improve with age. We drive a very (25 mile) winding and twisty road to work and back, and trust me, this car is the one you want to be in. ABS, and side air bags were a must, as should be in all vehicles. We love our Outback & minivan, but this one is really a hoot to drive. If you're a DRIVER, and love to DRIVE check it out. Oh, and you will smile all the way to the BANK!

Favorite Features

Handling, great looks, ergonomics, Loaded with extras as standard equipment. It's "Just a Great Little Car".

Suggested Improvements

More refinement would be nice. But then I guess they would charge another $5000, like the competition. So be it. The interior quality is very livable, believe me. More cubbies would be nice.

$12000? Can't go wrong
By livforvaca

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After 6 months any new car is just "a car". This one does everything you need, especially at $3 a gallon. I'm 6'2" and fit in it great. The air is cold, stereo is fine and $250/month with $500 down is great. I wanted a Charger RT but my payment would have been $600/month. You figure it out!

Favorite Features

The trunk. It's more than good for a car this size.

Suggested Improvements

More single options. I wanted power door locks, period. I didn't want a package to get them.