2006 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Focus Fun to Drive
By Don Arthur on 03/08/06 14:08 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So far have a bit over 1,000 on the odometer, but so far it's been just great. Mine has the 4-speed automatic and the acceleration is fantastic for a 2 liter 4 cylinder with only 136hp. Took one trip and got 31 mpg driving at Interstate speeds of 60-75 mph most of the way. Realize EPA ratings are most unrealistic anyway. Rides good and handles like a dream. Just the right size for my needs. Only complaint: PDL's are NOISY. They "clunk" when activated. Mine does not have tilt wheel, and wish I had that option because wheel is not in ideal position for me on long drives.

ready to run
By kmt on 03/04/06 19:22 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Traded in a 2003 Focus SE sedan for an 06 Focus (infra-red) ST sedan. Loved the 03 but the ST trim level takes the car in a whole new direction. Very sporty and powerful off the line. Handles like a champ with responsive steering. Feels solid and safe. Engine is louder than the 03, has a buzzy sound.

2006 Focus SES review
By Mark on 03/04/06 10:03 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I just picked up our 2006 Focus SES, and love it! How can you beat all the rebates Ford has put out there. Car is very sporty, handles great, and is good on gas. We looked at a Saturn, and a Cobalt but went with the Focus. We plan on having this car for a very long time, and the Ford extended warranty will surely help us achieve that.

Will always own a focus
By candibee on 03/03/06 21:58 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I traded in my 2000 Ford Focus ZX3 for the 06' Focus ZX4, and couldn't be happier with it. Performance, reliability and gas mileage is great. Corners like it's on rails! I am a huge Focus fan, and I plan on always owning one.

Fun and practical
By JamieB on 02/24/06 08:51 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the third Focus I've driven and again, I am impressed with its bang for the buck. The Focus handles well and has a nice peppy engine, particularly with the standard transmission. I "downgraded" from a very nice VW Jetta to a new Focus and must say that the Focus is more fun to drive and handles just as well as my $27K Jetta! And is so much cheaper to maintain. My only complaint is with the sound system, which is a little muffled sounding compared to what you might find in a more luxury-style car. If you just want a practical, reliable ride to work and around town that's fun, this is it!

Never Bored with this Ford
By docamg on 02/19/06 14:03 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

What a pleasant surprise! I have owned the car for 4 months and am delighted with its performance, reliability and ergonomics. It is a pleasure to drive, handles extremely well and gets great mileage. I highly recommend the Focus to anyone who wants an inexpensive, fun vehicle.

Functional and Sporty
By Jay on 02/16/06 07:49 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Although the look is nice, the best way to sum up the Focus SES is function and performance. The value you get upgrading from SE to SES is well worth the incremental price increase. On the performance side of things, the SES Focus is very sporty. The steering and suspension are tight and responsive, with rock solid cornering for a car in its class. It's a sports car "feel" in an economy package.

Great Economy Car
By SAN on 02/10/06 14:52 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just picked up my '06 SES w/auto. The car is just a blast to drive - way more so than the price may indicate. The build quality looks better than average, and the stock radio is just fine. The rebates make this too good of a deal to pass up.

A great car
By Brian on 02/09/06 12:27 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

We bought the Focus after driving the Escape, RAV4, Corolla, and Civic. We bought the car in DC and live in St. Louis; on the trip back we got almost 34 mpg. Since then we have put almost 1000 miles city and highway at almost 31 mpg. Great to drive on the highway, super quiet. Sound system is quiet, opted for the 6 disk package. We got a SES with the safety package for the same price as a SE w/ safety package, convenience group, and the sport group. Out the door price $14,088. Easy on the wallet for gas, insurance and payments, plus a 100,000 mile powertrain warranty and you have 36,000 bumper to bumper. Great deal, fun to drive.

My First Focus
By Sara on 02/02/06 16:19 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just got my car yesterday & I love it! It's very comfortable to drive & I got all the features I wanted at an affordable price. I love my moonroof, heated seats & mirrors along with my ABS & side impact airbags. It really is a fun car to drive. I wish I had more places to go so I could be in it all the time! :)

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.