2006 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
No Mo Fo Mo Co
By NoMoFoMoCo on 08/30/06 13:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My wife drove this car home from the dealership. By the time she got home, it had 11 miles on it. The trunk would not latch (returned it for service). Week 2, the driver side door would not close. Month 2, the remote stopped unlocking the doors. Month 3, the trunk flew open while we were driving with our dog in the back. We keep the doors shut with tie downs. The car is 6 months old, 5,000 miles and right now it's stuck in my driveway and I am missing work (again). This is our 13th Ford over 20 years and unless Ford takes it back at their expense, we will be switching to one of the other big 3.

Very Impressed! Really like it!
By Grant on 08/26/06 00:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car two days, and I'm so impressed. It has solid power through all gears, good exhaust tone, and has a great overall feel. Filled up after burning a 1/4 tank just to see what my mpg was, and was impressed with 26 mpg for city driving. Seats have good side bolster, trunk is quite big for car. Wish the cup holders were arranged differently, but don't let that discourage you from buying. You can get a fully loaded Focus ST, way cheaper than a loaded Civic. I have caught a lot of heck for getting a Focus, but after most people see the car they are quite impressed, and say "not bad"

Great Car
By Raymond on 08/20/06 20:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have several types of vehicles in the past, but have found the Ford Focus 2006 is the best I have owed so far.

Focus delivers the goods where it counts
By William E. Irving on 08/11/06 14:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted a car with 4 cylinders and a 5-speed to replace my aging 6-cylinder auto '99 Jetta. Jetta still beautiful and a joy to drive, but neither very economical nor particularly reliable. Always liked styling of the Focus, so I thought I would try it, after 25 years of VWs. Don't know what all the carping about build quality is about. Paint is deep and lustrous, body panels fit, feels tight and solid on the road - no rattles or squeaks. Interior not as pretty as Jetta, but is functional, sturdy and comfortable. Engine torquey with smooth power delivery. Focus weighs 500 lbs less than Jetta, so power deficit not a big deal. Moreover, car has been very reliable - old Foci I've seen hold up well.

Broken after only 3800 miles
By Ginger on 08/09/06 11:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have enjoyed driving my car and it gets really good fuel mileage, but I went to get the windows tinted and the auto man showed me where there were screws missing from the doors. Then after owning the car for 3.5 months the starter goes bad, which dealer did fix.

Solid car that holds it own.
By Chris on 08/04/06 14:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I looked at all the favorites from Toyota, Honda, Mazda etc. and found that this little car was the best deal for the money. There is no way the other manufactures could compete with the price considering all that comes on this vehicle (SES), not to mention Ford rebates and incentives. This car is fun to drive, handles good, accelerates on a dime, and is good for long commutes. I am discouraged about the insurance though, a little high because of a high symbol rating. Will be interested to see how good the gas mileage really is. Overall though I like this car. Good buy.

Great car....for the price
By johnnash on 08/02/06 15:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car...for the price. If it cost as much some competitors I'd have trouble recommending it, but you get a LOT for the money here with rebates etc. The ride and handling combination is very good for the class. I like the 5 door hatchback...it is more practical than the 3 door but sportier than the sedan. There is plenty of room up front. I'm 6'4" and have no problem fitting. I'm getting around 33 mpg overall with the manual transmission and I read they improved mileage for 2007.

Fun Focus
By Tress on 07/31/06 17:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Fun to drive. Easy on gas, handles well in traffic and on open road. Smooth driving.

Love My Car
By Kathy on 07/24/06 05:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car basically for fuel economy. Now that I have it, I don't think I'll buy anything else. I hope Ford continues to improve the Focus. It's a great little car. Mine is basic, keyless entry, automatic, power options, radio, and a cd player. The only thing I wish it had is cruise control. It handles great and rides smooth. I get about 30 miles to the gallon and with prices today, that's a real plus. I hope to have this little car a long time but when I'm ready to trade in, I'll get another Focus.

2006 ZX5 SES Hatchback
By whicker on 07/21/06 12:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. Traded in my Sport Trac to get something easier on gas. I love the way it drives and for a 4 cylinder, has great acceleration...more than I had expected! It's fun to drive.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.