2006 Ford Focus ZX4 S Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2006 Focus Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Sort Reviews by

A bigger car for me
By Laura

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I switched up to the Focus from a subcompact. I've only got about 1400 miles on it so far, but I really like it. It's fun to drive, comfortable and gets decent gas mileage (most of my driving is city driving). It's also the first brand new car I've ever bought, so I did a lot of research before buying. It handles well and no longer feels like a boat compared to the old car! I'm still very happy that I went with the Focus instead of some of the others I looked at.

Favorite Features

Good size trunk, easy to identify which fluids to check, comfortable ride. Great color - Toreador Red.

Suggested Improvements

Occasionally the tire noise seems louder than I'd like, but that may be because I'm still adjusting from the old car, where I couldn't hear the tire noise for the engine!

Focus
By edward

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Focus for five months now. So far I have had no problems with the car. The car is fun to drive and the gas mileage is good. I would buy another one if needed. I had a 2004 Corolla but like the Focus better.

Favorite Features

The driving.

Suggested Improvements

Well like they say, they do need to work on the quality issue. Other than that I can find no fault in the car.

SUPER FUN CAR
By Lisa

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car has a lot of get up and go and often have to hit the brakes. The ride is smooth and with all the adjustments to the seats, very comfortable. I love the controls on or near the steering wheel and everything within a comfortable reach. Often times I feel like I am driving on clouds. I love the sharp look of the exterior and the comfortable interior. This is a must have car for anyone who likes to drive.

Favorite Features

The remote radio and CD controls on the steering column. Not to mention great sounding stereo system.

Suggested Improvements

More space between the seat and the door in order be able to adjust the seat without having to squeeze my hand.

Good Second Car
By STLDriver

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I needed another, second, car for work. I looked at many other makes and types but was surprised by the Focus. It does not have a "cheap" feel to it and seems solid. I am very happy with my purchase.

Favorite Features

Seats are comfortable and its really big trunk. Good size car for all types of people.

Suggested Improvements

Turbo version.

good value for the money
By lbjailer

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

For the price this car is a good choice. This car is established since this model has been around a while. The ST can keep up with the flow of traffic on the fast and furious freeways of southern California, and when you are the only one on the road it will cruise all day long.

Favorite Features

4 wheeled disc antilock brakes, traction control, good torque from engine.

Suggested Improvements

More power points, change 5th gear ratio or add a 6th gear, engine RPM too high when cruising on the highway.

MY FOCUS
By char

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my 2006 Focus ZX SES. It's a lot snapper than my 06 PT CRUISER that I had. I love how comfortable you are when driving long distances. Good price with all the features I got.

Favorite Features

The 6 disk cd changer, the side impact air bags, the telescoping tilt steering wheel, the cup holders in the doors, lots of trunk space.

Suggested Improvements

None, I love the car the way it is .....

Awesome Vehicle
By Jeff

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

First of all I rated this car with respects to class, and my review is a comparison. My buddy just pick up a fully loaded Mazda 3s for $23+ and I got my Focus SES auto for like $14gs and is there a difference? The car drives the same and my opinion is that it beats his car hands down just because of the price. Yeah, the gauges and some other interior features are better looking and the car offers more options but he can keep it for a $10k difference.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, comfort, stock stereo is very good but aftermarket stereos are my life.

Suggested Improvements

integrate Mazda 3 instrument cluster with lights. 4 wheel disc and ABS standard.

Focus ST
By mospace

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Ford Focus ZX4 ST. It is fun, fast and reliable. I also really appreciate having a sporting oriented car that gets better than 30 mpg. Mine is a head turner with the Street Appearance package. Its interior is very comfortable with leather, moon roof, and loaded up. Fantastic car.

Favorite Features

Leather interior.

Suggested Improvements

Better breathing for a little more horsepower.

My second Focus
By Beverly

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the second car that I have purchased in my lifetime, and it is my second Focus! I love driving it and the mileage is just great.

Favorite Features

Automatic locks, windows and cruise control.

Suggested Improvements

Nothing that I can think of.

Very impressed and would of thunk it.
By Badaboom

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Well, I have only owned the car a very short time and still is in break in phase. But I have to say, very impressed with the performance and comfort and interior styling. I am not huge on the looks, but I will get used to it. I love the handling of it and the 5 speed is very responsive. Awesome tires grip the road and the factory system is very nice as well. Overall a very good car that is fun to drive and quite quick. I love blowing past 2 door coupes in a sedan, lol!

Favorite Features

I would say the handling and the shifting. Very smooth and responsive. I love the factory exhaust, very well tuned. Also enjoy the head room and the seats are very comfortable. The guage cluster is one of the best seen to date. Very clear and bright. Factory system rocks as well.

Suggested Improvements

They need some help in the looks department. I mean it is sporty for a sedan, but overall I am not in love with it outside. I bought it cause of how it drives and I got a heck of a deal on it. I will be tinting the windows and putting 19" spider rims on this summer. So that will help it out some.