Used 2006 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

06 Focus S Sedan
By sk69

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Have a Focus S Sedan (auto, a/c) since early 2006. Car is lots of fun to drive due to great handling and responsive engine. Had it at the dealership once for squeaking noise (parking brake cables), which got fixed on warranty. Fuel economy is bad for a car this size (approx. 60% city/40% hwy in New England: get 19-20 mpg in winter, 22-24 mpg in summer). Car is starting to rust now (many small spots doors, door frames).

Handling. Performance

Rust proofing. Fuel economy

Herman
By hatin11r

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

With the price of gas going through the roof, I found this car with 5400 mi. and still under warranty. It really did belong to a"little old man who just drove it on errands". After reading all the reviews I decided to buy this car. So far I am more than satisfied. With a 50/50 even split of hwy.and local, I am getting 29 mpg.with a hwy speed of approx.65 mph. I have noticed the a/c interuption during rapid acceleration as previously stated. I even did this during the test drive to see if this was a big issue. Even though I live in the TX heat, I don't feel this will be a problem. Time will tell.

Big trunk & fold down rear seats, lots of cup holders, dash trunk release button, automatic front seat airbag de- activation for children. Great Burgandy color.

Regular profile tires instead of low profile, quieter door locks when car put into motion, outside temp.gauge and locking gas access door for this model.

Never Again
By Theresa Bradburn

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I will never buy another one of these. We got it because my husband needed something reliable to drive to a not so good neighborhood for work. Over the last two years the brakes have just fell apart. The door handles stick like no tomorrow, and the fuel mileage is awful. It was also at ford for three days with some started problem that we never did figure out for sure. Just that after six changed parts it quit doing it. So like I said never again.

Unsafe
By Dorf

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely loved driving this vehicle. The quick acceleration, smooth ride, and exceptional sound system made my hour long commute to work enjoyable. Unfortunately, the car was totaled when I hydroplaned in a heavy storm and went off the road. My concern is that the air bag did not deploy. I dropped six feet off the road and slammed into a group of trees at approximately 45 mph. The engine was pushed up off the engine block, both tires were out of the wheel wells, and the hood nearly crashed through the windshield. The crumple zones worked as designed, but I seriously question the alignment of the impact points in this vehicle. Current owners, please have your air bags checked!

Quick acceleration, 6 CD changer with sub-woofer in trunk, and heated seats.

Safety features

Update on my Focus
By Don Arthur

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

With a bit over 4300 miles on the clock the fuel mileage seems to be a little higher. This is an automatic and in-town mileage has improved from 18 using the A/C and 20-21 not using A/C to around 23. Highway mileage has been 32 in the past, no recent long trips to see how that is doing. Using the A/C in town seems to really bring fuel mileage down. Overall, the Focus has been a reliable car, good acceleration, comfortable and fun to drive. I'm a senior citizen and don't put on many miles a year.

Acceleration when you need it, handling and overall comfort.

Redesign rear exterior to give better visbibility when backing up. Also, do away with A/C compressor shutting down on acceleration. This is bad here in the Arizona desert heat of summer with warm air blowing until the compressor comes back on.