Used 2006 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Love it!!
By amanda

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Focus for 3 years and have 70,000 miles on it. Never had any mechanical problems with it. I am getting about 30 mpg still. I love how I can do a really tight turn without any problems (always getting the best parking spot). The seats are very comfortable for long drives (do a lot of driving). Clutch is smooth and the steering is easy. I love this car!

The gas mileage, a full tank can last me a week (about $20.00 to fill up). The sleek design of the exterior. Very well put together and feels safe.

cup holders need to be placed differently our drinks always fly all over the car. mysterious noises from the interior. It's all tolerable though

Nice to have a reliable Ford
By Julie

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in Oct 2005 and it has about 33,000 miles on it now. I am happy to say it has never had a mechanical problem since I have owned it. I use full synthetic oil in it which seems to have improved the mileage. In mixed driving, I rarely get below 30 MPG. I am happy with the performance and mileage and reliability of the Focus. I owned a Taurus previously and it was a nightmare. Recommended as a inexpensive used car purchase.

Never has had any mechanical problems. It has more pickup than my V6 Taurus did with a lot better mileage.

Rattly somewhat cheap interior. Mystery noises come many interior parts, but I just turn up my radio. I hate the cup holders. Ones in the console don't hold my cups right. Only one that is secure is in the door, but cant get to it unless I open the door! Fairly minor stuff overall.

This Car Is a Blast
By Proud new owner

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

In January '09 I found this 4-door ST with manual 5 speed in like new condition with only 6.5k mi. and have been smiling ever since. This car makes me smile every time I fire it up and head out. Very responsive engine with nice low-end torque for a four cylinder, smooth clutch, great taut steering, tight, rigid feeling chassis, and sweet handling make this car a blast to drive. Feels, sounds, and drives European but for $1000's less. So far getting 25mpg around town and have not taken highway trip, yet.

Sweet engine with nice low-end torque, great tight steering, sweet handling. Simply fun to drive.

Would be nice if certain non-performance related items such as tinny-sounding door lock mechanism, cheap-feeling interior lighting, and similar items were more upscale sounding/feeling...but, considering the performance value inherent in this car, these items are gladly tolerated.

The problems unfold
By J

2006 Ford Focus ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So I bought this car in September and it was awesome until two weeks ago. The battery light stayed on. One morning I went out to my car and heard the radio playing inside. I hit the unlock button and it stopped. The car wouldn't start so I had to tow it in. There seems to be a lot of electrical problems like the trunk button, back windshield wiper, radio/clock, and cruise control button dont work properly or at all.

I like the appearance of the car. The bucket seats are very comfy.

If only the car was more reliable.

Reliable, economic transportation
By gedeon40

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Owning Toyotas, I wasn't sure about this Ford, but this one comes from the European Ford lineage. Decent acceleration and above average gas mileage, about 27-28 mpg combined driving. Interior is comfortable, but still too much plastic. The engine is a bit noisy compared to a Corolla, but I'm really surprised how reliable it has been after 30k miles. I'd wish all Ford products would be like this Focus.

Engine/manual transmission combo. Fuel economy. Reliability.

Cheap interior. Handles lock and open with extreme noise.