2006 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Fun, stylish, reliable car.
By Melissa on 07/18/06 14:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Focus for about 8 months and have put over 11,000 miles on it. It is doing great with no major problems so far. The only problem I have had is that there was not adequate adhesive sealing in the top of the front windshield, causing the windshield to pop out of place. However, this problem was covered by the car's standard warranty, and it was fixed easily with no subsequent problems. I like nearly everything about the car.

Revaluation of 2006 Focus
By Don Arthur on 07/17/06 14:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have discovered that Ford engineers have designed the Focus on-board computer to disengage the A/C compressor when accelerating either easily and normally or upon hard acceleration from a stop. This causes the A/C to blow warm air during this procedure, which is normally not too noticeable EXCEPT if you live in a place like Phoenix AZ when it's 110-115 and the car's interior is even hotter. My dealer service department has checked the car and reports all is normal and I have even seen a bulletin from FORD indicating this is normal. I have gone from loving my new Focus to now thinking it is just another new car piece of junk. Also, it appears in this climate I am now getting only 17-18 mpg city.

Excellent car for the money
By KT on 07/16/06 20:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

This car is just plain fun to drive. I love the sport feel that the ST offers but also the fact that it is practical and safe. I got the infrared color and have had several people stop me in parking lots and ask me about the car. Eye-catching interior plus a sweet MP3 player make this car a blast to drive, and the power from the larger engine doesn't hurt either. Hard to go wrong with the Focus these days with Ford throwing huge rebates into the mix. I want to move up to a Mustang in the next few years, but to tell you the truth, the Focus will be difficult to part with.

Disappointed now that it is several months
By tam4givin on 06/12/06 17:41 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was so happy to find a car I thought was going to be very comfortable. It was for a few weeks until the heated seats went crazy, the noise keeps getting louder, the performance when the Sirius on is real bad! I hope the people who rate their cars can come back here and add once they have had them several months like I have. Loud blinker sound is irritating to most people who ride in the car.

2006 Ford Focus ST
By Bill on 05/30/06 19:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The Mazda 2.3 engine coupled with the 5 speed manual transmission make for a fun car to drive. Very precise steering and plenty of road feel give this economy sedan a truly sporty feel. Rear wheel drive would be a real plus. Gas mileage suffers as one keeps the revs high to fully appreciate the performance capabilities.

It's all about fuel economy...
By bryce on 05/29/06 13:00 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had this car for about 3 months now and am pleased with it. I bought this car to get better fuel economy and it has delivered. Driving like an old man I can get 30-31 mpg with mostly freeway driving at around 65 mph. Driving a little more spirited with higher freeway speeds and more city driving I get between 25-27 mpg. Aside from fuel efficiency the cornering on this vehicle is a bit rough (sway) which is kind of annoying since I make a lot of U-turns. Also, the inside is very bland and there is a lot of road noise, but what do you expect for the price? Will I buy another Focus? Probably not, but I am very pleased with my purchase and expect to have this car for many years.

very nice affordable car
By GerryS on 05/11/06 06:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

After extensively shopping even the Mazda 3 and Mini, I'm very glad to have "moved down" into my ST. Very responsive and fun to drive for a car that costs thousands less than even the Chevy Cobalt. Well built (so far) with few downsides. Could use more 12v plugs (has just one) and the cup holders are for use in desperation only (good luck getting a jumbo drink to stay in place), but it is after all a small car. The trunk is HUGE and quite functional and the top end trim package (leather, sunroof and traction control) round it out well. Overall I'm very happy with it.

Focus st
By engineer on 05/04/06 15:50 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

As an engineer I try to select based on quality and price. I researched and drove a lot of cars before deciding on the Focus ST. Power to spare and handles like a sports car. 30+ mpg even with the more powerful engine. If this came as a two door coupe it would be a perfect car.

First American car in 22 years
By M. Koltz on 05/02/06 11:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned and driven Toyotas for the last 22 years and experienced good value and quality. This Ford product is an outstanding value. The drive and feel are exceptional. Gas mileage is above average. I love the styling of the interior and exterior of the vehicle. The styling moved me to Ford along with the fair acquisition cost.

best car in its class hands down!
By shane on 05/01/06 22:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 06' Ford Focus ZX4 SES. I just have to say that this is the best car in its price range. I love everything about it. I got this car as a early high school graduation present. This car rocks.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.