2006 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Update on my Focus
By Don Arthur on 11/14/07 14:27 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

With a bit over 4300 miles on the clock the fuel mileage seems to be a little higher. This is an automatic and in-town mileage has improved from 18 using the A/C and 20-21 not using A/C to around 23. Highway mileage has been 32 in the past, no recent long trips to see how that is doing. Using the A/C in town seems to really bring fuel mileage down. Overall, the Focus has been a reliable car, good acceleration, comfortable and fun to drive. I'm a senior citizen and don't put on many miles a year.

A winner in every category
By oh no tokyo! on 08/24/07 18:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Owned a 2003 Focus SE sedan, but wanted something with a little more punch. Decided to buy the ST sedan, and it has been an awesome car every single trip out of the driveway. Sporty looks mixed with common sense, this only improves and already top- notch car. The ST is quick off the line, and holds its own out on the highway. Feels well put together. Handles curves with ease. Lots of good stuff on the inside--heated seats, mp3 player, side airbags, abs, pen holder (2 thumbs up), cruise, heated mirrors. One thing that deserves its own paragraph is the huge trunk the Focus has. You can fit so much stuff in here, tons of luggage, groceries, sports gear, tae kwon do bags...awesome

Ford Focus - more than you think
By Alex on 08/20/07 14:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My Focus is easy to drive, it's powerful (I also own a Mustang but sometimes I am quicker with the Focus) and it's built very reliably. I had no issues whatsover and I drive it in any kind of weather and circumstance.

Suburban Sleeper
By PHutch on 08/07/07 08:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The 2.3L engine is absolutely fantastic, and at 70 MPH you are just at the botom of the flat power curve, so roll on to pass requires no downshift. It's zippy around town and extremely fun to drive. There have been no problems, the sound system is great, handling is tight and responsive. other small "sporty car" drivers are surprised when they are outperformed by a Focus. I thought that the disconuation of the SVT would make my car choice harder, but this engine makes its power (less HP but more torque) about 1100 RPM lower than the SVT did, which makes it more driveable. You don't have to spin the motor to make good power, and it runs on regular (the SVT used premium).

36000 miles in 1 year
By focusdriver on 06/26/07 17:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Car was driven hard and fast across Pennsylvania twice a week. Only 2 complaints. Any little snow or a little mud in wheels made vibrations in the steering wheel. A pain to keep clean. And the front tires throw stones /sand /dirt against area in front of rear wheels to the point of needing paint touch up. Not cool. Other than that, this car loves to cruise at 80+ with great mileage

Pretty good buy
By Kika on 04/13/07 08:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I like my Focus Hatchback. It's compact, so it's great for fitting in small places and such. However, I keep hearing a noise associated with the brake/transmission that I can't figure out. I took it in to the dealership and they fixed another noise (which was the backseat latch needing oil). This other noise worries me, though. Otherwise, I cannot complain. The A/C's great. The sound's pretty nice and I like the speaker set up. And, it drives smoothly. I would recommend it for a first time car-buyer.

Focus = Meh
By Ford Driver on 03/26/07 19:48 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car because it was inexpensive and came with a body kit. Handles well, good gas mileage, nice looking exterior.

Ford Focus met our needs
By J.L.Thomas Jr. on 03/06/07 16:56 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Ford Focus wagon is a comfortable as well as economical car to drive. We have 3 dogs that we like to travel with and this wagon handled all the dogs as well as a luggage rack on its roof. This allowed for the family to travel safely as well as comfortably. We weren't certain at first if this 4 cylinder engine would have the power to haul all of us everywhere but it sure has; we are pleased. We weren't happy with the limited choices of paint colors offered. The rear floor of the cargo area should have been a little more than a thin sheet of plywood with a layer of carpet. Over all we are pleased with our purchase and the reasonable price we paid. We'd purchase this car again in a heartbeat.

so far so good
By timotee on 01/31/07 12:27 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car for a little over a year now. I must say that I love this car. It really is too bad that Ford is doing away with the hatchback! My only single complaint is the fuel economy. I do mostly spirited highway driving and I average about 24 mpg. I realize the EPA sets these numbers so it's really not their fault. I would recommend this car to anyone.

From One to Another...
By Mike on 12/24/06 05:51 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I traded a 2001 ZX3 for this 2006 SES. After driving this car for a year now, I think overall I wish I would have kept my ZX3! The build quality was MUCH better on the ZX3 but the SES has more power. There are some annoying squeaks and rattles that were a non factor on the ZX3. I don't know why Ford would not make the seats that are standard on the ZX3/ZX5 standard on the SES. These have much better side bolsters. Don't get me wrong, I like the SES. The steering feel and handling are great. The ride is not too firm. The Sony Audiophile system has great sound and the auto transmission is smooth shifting.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.