Used 2006 Ford Focus Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Ford Focus - more than you think
By Alex

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My Focus is easy to drive, it's powerful (I also own a Mustang but sometimes I am quicker with the Focus) and it's built very reliably. I had no issues whatsover and I drive it in any kind of weather and circumstance.

Engine - powerful and efficient. Automatic transmission - no gaps, no wait for shifting, reacts perfectly to your driving style.

No complaints.

Pretty good buy
By Kika

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I like my Focus Hatchback. It's compact, so it's great for fitting in small places and such. However, I keep hearing a noise associated with the brake/transmission that I can't figure out. I took it in to the dealership and they fixed another noise (which was the backseat latch needing oil). This other noise worries me, though. Otherwise, I cannot complain. The A/C's great. The sound's pretty nice and I like the speaker set up. And, it drives smoothly. I would recommend it for a first time car-buyer.

Speaker set up (standard, not Sony) A/C. Size, gas mileage

More comfortable access to the rear seat.

so far so good
By timotee

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car for a little over a year now. I must say that I love this car. It really is too bad that Ford is doing away with the hatchback! My only single complaint is the fuel economy. I do mostly spirited highway driving and I average about 24 mpg. I realize the EPA sets these numbers so it's really not their fault. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Handles really well for a small car.

Maybe a little more comfortable seat and someone kick the EPA in the head for rating this at 31 mpg highway!

Comfort for tall drivers
By Great ZX3

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my ZX3 for almost a year and it has been perfect. The seats are awesome on short and long trips. After driving 12 hours, no back pain at all. The faster you go, the funner it is to drive. I get around 26mpg in town and 34 mpg on the open road. I'm 6'2" and it is the most comfortable car out there to drive (much better than my 2003 Monte Carlo). The fun factor for driving is a 10+.

Comfortable seats, ease of handling, true cost to own.

Sun visors need to be a little more flexible.

Works for me!
By scott

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I just wanted to comment that I have had my Focus for about 6 months. I have had no problems with the car (knock wood). I am 6 foot 4 and weigh about 360 lbs and have had no comfort problems. As a matter of fact it is one of the most comfortable new cars I've been in lately. There is plenty of head room and my knees are not jammed into the dash or anything else. It is very fun to drive and the mileage is good.

Head room, driveability and mileage.

Styling.