2006 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Best car out (for the money)
By josh on 05/29/06 02:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I picked this up as a commuter car to make the 140 mile round trip commute to school. It's got plenty of power, and is responsive. It rolls down the highway smooth as silk at 75-80 miles an hour. I got the cold weather package (heated seats and side mirrors), Sony audiophile package and all the goodies that come with the SES trim. For the money, this car can not be beat. Comfortable, stylish and plenty of pep from the 2L engine. No other entry level car competes with the Focus.

Gas Problem
By tomw on 05/22/06 09:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I really like my new '06 Ford Focus ZX5 SE. I've only got about 600 miles on it however, and when filling up with gas, both times the gas backs up and shoots back out of the filler tube within seconds and splashes all over me! I have to barely squeeze the pump handle in order to get the gas into the car - a real hassle and I'm awaiting Ford's answer to this problem.

most comfortable car for the money
By josh on 05/20/06 21:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I started out looking at the Fit and the Yaris, but after rebates and a little price negotiation, I just couldn't pass up the Focus. Sure it might have a lower trade in value, but I also paid a lot less than a comparably equipped import, and the Focus has more options making it more comfortable to drive while I own it. Focus also has a longer power train warranty that is transferable. I was looking at entry level cars, and for the price I don't think the Focus can be beat. Nothing else has as many comfort and convenience features for less than $14,000. Plus I got the dealership to throw in window tint. ;)

Worst new car I ever bought
By wiwany on 05/19/06 09:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Six Flags on the road - that's the way this sloppy manufactured car rides. Suspension must be made of marshmallows. A pot hole in the way? just hit it - and sends you somewhere you would never anticipate beforehand ... I would even say: dangerous to drive!

Good for the price paid
By Scott on 05/01/06 21:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have only had the Focus for 1 month and 1000 miles, so my experience is still limited. I can't speak to its long term durability. However, I can say that the car drives and handles very securely. The 2.0 engine and 5 speed transmission make for relatively fun driving. Acceleration is more than adequate, braking is excellent with good feel, and it is quiet for this class. I bought the car because of the low price and hatchback. It replaced a Honda coupe that was not nearly as practical. Overall, I am more and more pleased with the car as time passes. It seems Ford made some decent upgrades for the 2005-plus models. This car has been around so long it seems to rely on low price to sell.

A great little car
By Chuck on 04/21/06 18:39 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have only drove about 400 miles, but this little car is great; handles very good, plenty of power, the seating is very comfortable. I like the 6 disk CD player. I have not driven it far enough to get a good idea on gas mileage, but feel it will do well.

Focus is practical and fun
By Woody1 on 03/20/06 09:38 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I drive mostly highway miles, so I wanted something that was responsive and comfortable with good gas mileage. I got it with the Focus. No problem driving to and from work. My Focus is equipped with the safety package (ABS & side airbags), as well as traction control. I also have a six CD stereo, which has a great sound. It's tough to find a car with all that for around $15,000 after the cash-back offers. I recommend this car.

Excellent purchase
By Russ on 03/05/06 06:10 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the vehicle on December 11, 2005. I traded in a 2000 F150 Ford. I needed a good and reliable car for my daily commute of 100 miles per day. I understood it was a German made vehicle, and from statements form others, they are excellent vehicles. As of this date, I have no complaints and I love the car. I handles fantastic and has great pick-up on the freeway for a 2.0 engine.

Great Value in the Compact Class
By Brad on 01/27/06 20:05 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had a lot of fun driving this car. The handling and ride of this car rival my wife's Honda Accord (no kidding). I test drove the new Honda Civic, new Toyota Corolla, and a new Suzuki Forenza. The Focus had the most headroom, the most comfortable seats, and the best road manners. The interior is well laid out with all of the controls within easy reach. On the highway the engine noise is quieter than expected. The engine doesn't sound too hurried even at speeds around 70 mph. The car tracks straight and is very responsive to steering input with the short wheelbase. Braking feels solid, even with drum brakes in the rear. I am getting just over 27 mpg with mixed city/highway driving.

Cheesy Face-lift
By David on 10/14/05 14:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I wished they didn't change the exterior styling, it's horrible especially for the hatchback version. It's basically the same Focus, but more refined and it handles great, very predictable and secure. The interior space is quite good for the size of the car. I enjoy all the features that came with my ZX5, like 6 CDs, moonroof, heated seats.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.