2006 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Love it!!
By amanda on 03/25/09 22:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Focus for 3 years and have 70,000 miles on it. Never had any mechanical problems with it. I am getting about 30 mpg still. I love how I can do a really tight turn without any problems (always getting the best parking spot). The seats are very comfortable for long drives (do a lot of driving). Clutch is smooth and the steering is easy. I love this car!

Nice to have a reliable Ford
By Julie on 03/04/09 00:31 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in Oct 2005 and it has about 33,000 miles on it now. I am happy to say it has never had a mechanical problem since I have owned it. I use full synthetic oil in it which seems to have improved the mileage. In mixed driving, I rarely get below 30 MPG. I am happy with the performance and mileage and reliability of the Focus. I owned a Taurus previously and it was a nightmare. Recommended as a inexpensive used car purchase.

This Car Is a Blast
By Proud new owner on 02/16/09 18:18 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

In January '09 I found this 4-door ST with manual 5 speed in like new condition with only 6.5k mi. and have been smiling ever since. This car makes me smile every time I fire it up and head out. Very responsive engine with nice low-end torque for a four cylinder, smooth clutch, great taut steering, tight, rigid feeling chassis, and sweet handling make this car a blast to drive. Feels, sounds, and drives European but for $1000's less. So far getting 25mpg around town and have not taken highway trip, yet.

The problems unfold
By J on 12/16/08 18:58 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So I bought this car in September and it was awesome until two weeks ago. The battery light stayed on. One morning I went out to my car and heard the radio playing inside. I hit the unlock button and it stopped. The car wouldn't start so I had to tow it in. There seems to be a lot of electrical problems like the trunk button, back windshield wiper, radio/clock, and cruise control button dont work properly or at all.

Reliable, economic transportation
By gedeon40 on 11/17/08 20:42 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Owning Toyotas, I wasn't sure about this Ford, but this one comes from the European Ford lineage. Decent acceleration and above average gas mileage, about 27-28 mpg combined driving. Interior is comfortable, but still too much plastic. The engine is a bit noisy compared to a Corolla, but I'm really surprised how reliable it has been after 30k miles. I'd wish all Ford products would be like this Focus.

FordMan
By southbender on 10/13/08 17:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Have had since 2/06. Had issues with the tailgate immediately, and the backseats needed adjusting, they wouldn't relatch first time folded down. Drivers door needed to be reset also right after purchase. Hatchback door key mechanism fell out, my spouse noticed and picked up a small key cover. Have driven from Northern IN, to Boise, Phoenix, and Nashville. Cruises at 70mph no problems. Great gas mileage. Good pick up and go in traffic. Tight steering. Great car for the money.

Excellent Choice
By Timothyc1984 on 09/25/08 22:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The car has been an excellent traveling car. During the summer I drive it more then in the winter but that's because I have a 4x4 80's Toyota for the ice. The gas mileage is good, 26 in the city, 35 on the highway for the most part. It has great acceleration for a 4cyl on an automatic and it is very fun to drive. I did replace the radio in favor of one that has full iPod capability in summer 2008.

Very Fun, Great Buy
By TB765 on 09/08/08 19:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 06 Focus SE sedan brand new and the car has never disappointed. The engine is very peppy and have great all around pickup and performance and it makes a great sound. Gas mileage is alright. i get between 28-32 mpg in normal driving. This car is probably the best handling, most fun to drive small car on the market. You can throw the tightest bend at it and you can take it very fast, and with absolutely no drama at all. Yes, the a/c compressor shuts off during acceleration, but it turns right back on so i dont really mind. The only bad things about this car is the quality of the interior and it hydroplanes sometimes in heavy rain. The finish on the radio is coming off in places.

I love this car!
By Tanya on 08/28/08 15:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So, I've been driving my Focus for about a week. I did a lot of research beforehand and got a good deal for a low mileage car at a local dealership. I am surprised that the engine has enough power to overcome the steep hills here (I live in the mtns) at a decent speed. That was a factor I considered before purchasing, but it doesn't seem to be a problem. It runs well, although I a little loud and it's very fun to drive as well as comfortable. It seems to get pretty good gas mileage, which was one of my reasons for buying it, but I'm still keeping track of how it's going. The gas tank seems to be pretty small, but I downsized from an SUV, so there are a lot changes in that area.

Good car, good price
By jacob on 08/13/08 23:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in December of 2006, and after previously owning a Mustang I thought it would be less fun to drive, but I really like it. It gets great gas mileage about 25 city/37highway. It is also great for long distance road trips and after having it for 1 1/2 years now I haven't had any problems at all. The car is fun to drive and a great commuter for anybody.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.