2006 Ford Focus Sedan Consumer Reviews 3

2006 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
This Car Is a Blast
By Proud new owner on 02/16/09 18:18 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

In January '09 I found this 4-door ST with manual 5 speed in like new condition with only 6.5k mi. and have been smiling ever since. This car makes me smile every time I fire it up and head out. Very responsive engine with nice low-end torque for a four cylinder, smooth clutch, great taut steering, tight, rigid feeling chassis, and sweet handling make this car a blast to drive. Feels, sounds, and drives European but for $1000's less. So far getting 25mpg around town and have not taken highway trip, yet.

Reliable, economic transportation
By gedeon40 on 11/17/08 20:42 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Owning Toyotas, I wasn't sure about this Ford, but this one comes from the European Ford lineage. Decent acceleration and above average gas mileage, about 27-28 mpg combined driving. Interior is comfortable, but still too much plastic. The engine is a bit noisy compared to a Corolla, but I'm really surprised how reliable it has been after 30k miles. I'd wish all Ford products would be like this Focus.

Very Fun, Great Buy
By TB765 on 09/08/08 19:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 06 Focus SE sedan brand new and the car has never disappointed. The engine is very peppy and have great all around pickup and performance and it makes a great sound. Gas mileage is alright. i get between 28-32 mpg in normal driving. This car is probably the best handling, most fun to drive small car on the market. You can throw the tightest bend at it and you can take it very fast, and with absolutely no drama at all. Yes, the a/c compressor shuts off during acceleration, but it turns right back on so i dont really mind. The only bad things about this car is the quality of the interior and it hydroplanes sometimes in heavy rain. The finish on the radio is coming off in places.

I love this car!
By Tanya on 08/28/08 15:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So, I've been driving my Focus for about a week. I did a lot of research beforehand and got a good deal for a low mileage car at a local dealership. I am surprised that the engine has enough power to overcome the steep hills here (I live in the mtns) at a decent speed. That was a factor I considered before purchasing, but it doesn't seem to be a problem. It runs well, although I a little loud and it's very fun to drive as well as comfortable. It seems to get pretty good gas mileage, which was one of my reasons for buying it, but I'm still keeping track of how it's going. The gas tank seems to be pretty small, but I downsized from an SUV, so there are a lot changes in that area.

Good car, good price
By jacob on 08/13/08 23:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in December of 2006, and after previously owning a Mustang I thought it would be less fun to drive, but I really like it. It gets great gas mileage about 25 city/37highway. It is also great for long distance road trips and after having it for 1 1/2 years now I haven't had any problems at all. The car is fun to drive and a great commuter for anybody.

2 month review
By Biker8 on 08/10/08 17:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car for work/commute 2 months ago as gas prices were just eating me alive. Drive about 30k/yr. After ablut 5k mi, I've had no issues. The car has 29k mi. I do have a wheel bearing noise in front otherwise, everything else works fine. I'm actually surprised how comfortable the car rides. Performance is reasonable. Car looks somewhat cheap inside however, it's not an expensive car. For the money, it's much less expensive than it's Japenese counterparts & much better than it's American counterparts. Overall, for the money I definintely buy another Focus. By the way, I'm getting over 30 mpg combined. I am however, conscious about how I drive it.

Fuel economy disappointing
By Don on 07/23/08 14:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Like the car overall except the city fuel mileage stinks. Not using the A/C 21 is tops and in heat of summer using the A/C anywhere from 16-18 mpg. Have gotten 32 on highway, but seldom take trips so mostly the mileage is bad. Also has annoying "feature" when accelerating the A/C compressor shuts down momentarily (Ford claims this is normal for performance reasons which is nothing but a crock.). This is annoying when it's 110 or more outside in this stinking Arizona desert heat. Like 99% of the newer cars today, the design is rather ugly. Small wonder I drool over the classic car shows and their displays. I think Ford needs to make 4 cyl. cars that give decent mileage.

Still makes me smile
By GK on 06/30/08 19:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Focus ZX4 ST for almost 2 years now, and I still really have no complaints. My parking brake relase button cracked, but was replaced no problem under warranty. Many people seem to think the A/C shutoff under acceleration is a huge deal. I lived in Las Vegas for the majority of the time I have had this car, and it was not a big deal. Most people just need to not accelerate so much. MPG varies, but can easily achieve 27 city mpg in FL, and have achieved as high as 34mpg highway. It's really a good buy. The car is kind of a sleeper. Drive it normal or give it hell and it will respond. Very fun to drive. Too bad they got rid of the ST option and the 2.3 I4..

Focus Follow-up
By Focus follow-up on 06/13/08 11:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After having the car a little over 1 1/2 months, 3000 miles and in the Texas heat of 95 deg here are my observations: 1) the A/C interuption during accellerations is annoying, especially if you just got in the car and it is not already pre cooled. 2) gas mileage averages 28-29.5 mpg with 50/50 driving type. More if A/C not used. 3) all else I'm pretty happy with so far. The A/C deal was not a make or break for me when I was deciding whether to buy or not. The many other advantages out weigh this flaw.

Convinced, happy owner
By dimes4slim on 06/08/08 13:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Being that our other cars are luxury or sport vehicles, I wasn't sure how I would adapt to my new commuter car. Two and a half years into my ownership, I have had zero problems. The Focus is reliable, very comfortable, handles well and gets a consistent 28 mpg in normal driving. It may not have been so fashionable when I bought it, but now that gas is $4+ per gallon, it is the envy of all of many SUV owners. The seats are great on long trips, and the 5 speed manual puts a smile on my face. With the rear seats folded down, there is a credible amount of hauling space. Simple, sporty, reliable, and economical, with great handling as a bonus. I'm convinced that the Focus was a wise choice.