2006 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Still Enjoying
By Tia on 02/21/10 17:42 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was given this car in 12/06 and have had very few issues with it. When I bought the car with 16k there was a slight squeak in rear when I went over bad potholes, and the dealer fixed that. Now, with 55k i am noticing that noise every once in a while again. I have had no other problems with this car that needed to be fixed. I live in Indiana and haven't noticed the issue with the A/C that other people have mentioned. I'm not sure if it's the way I drive or my car, but I do not get anywhere near 30 mpg. I dont check it very often but I think I average around 22-25 mpg. The paint on the radio is wearing off a bit. Only complaint is that although the trunk is pretty big, the opening is not!!

Problems
By April on 12/10/09 11:11 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used a year and a half ago, because I was going through a divorce and need something that wasn't a gas guzzler and compact. Since the purchase it has needed a new transmission, a new fly wheel and I just replaced the starter. When I bought it the back passenger side strut was already squeaking (and still does). Luckily the transmission and fly wheel were covered by the warranty. However, it cost me $460 to replace the starter. I know there is up keep in buying a car but geez...

Liked the car; Didn't like the repairs
By Holly on 11/23/09 00:47 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I drove my Focus for just shy of three years when it met a premature death in an accident about a month ago. Honestly, I liked the look of my car and had a lot of fun with it. Unfortunately, my transmission failed at 37,000 miles just beyond the when the factory warrenty expired requiring a rebuild. Two months after the the transmission fiasco, the front driver's side wheel bearing woreout. Also, the CD player was rather tempermental. It only worked when the temperature outside ranged from 60-80 degrees. I'm not very sure what that issue pertained to as it seemed to be a luxury concern compared to the other required repairs to a new college grad with student loans!

A great American Car!
By Focus on 10/11/09 09:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my focus I purchased it used with only 6k on and in 1st year I put on 35K. Great fuel economy I am getting city/hwy combined milage of 35MPG I am not driving like a a snail. I like that it is a PZEV partial zero emission vehicle. It took Honda and Toyota 1 to 2 years to bring the PZEV to market. The Focus has been PZEV since 2005 here in CA.. The 2.0 PZEV motor is a terrific motor, I have had zero problems.

you get what you pay for
By Yoon on 07/13/09 11:29 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i bought this car after researching for several months. Car and Driver ranked the 1st generation focus as a "ten best car" and consumer reports gave the focus high marks. after 58,000, the AC went out due to a bad compressor. that was a $1300 bill. up until then, i had no problems except normal wear and tear (i'm still on original brake pads and rotors). the car is not as refined as a civic, corolla, or mazda3. it's more fun to drive than a corolla, but a corolla has better fit and finish. overall, this car is fun, but rough around the edges. wish gas mileage was better. i get 25 mpg with lead foot.

Great little car
By Shelley on 06/02/09 11:42 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Ford Focus and am so glad I purchased it last year. It gets’s great gas mileage and drives well. The only drawback to this vehicle is that it isn't great in the snow beyond that I have no complaints. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a reliable inexpensive automobile as long as you’re less than 6 ft tall, my husband is a bit uncomfortable in the drivers seat. It has all the bells and whistles you need without the expensive price tag.

Fun, reliable commuter
By NHowner on 05/31/09 19:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

5sp SES, owned since new, now 55k. Fun, practical, economical, even works well on long trips (for two adults). 33-38 mpg with manual trans on part- highway commute, taking it easy and using cruise. Never less than 30mpg, even with local stop and go. Stock Pirelli's lasted 45k, now on all season Dunlop Signatures, better in snow, great in wet&dry. Only two repairs, under warranty: left rear door seal leak and power steering pump. Great in winter - heated seats, mirrors, traction control, ABS. SES interior for price is good. No squeaks or rattles. Some wind noise, but tolerable. 5sp is notchy, but you get used to it. Roomy trunk, rear seats fold nearly flat. View out back not so great

Gave American Autos a Chance
By Mike on 04/09/09 04:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I decided to give American made vehicles another shot at my business. Ford did not fail me. I have owned my Focus for 3 years and haven't had any mechanical or interior defects. The car looks and drives as well as it did the day I drove it off the lot. I had to get back on Edmunds and let anyone that could or would read this that my Ford experience has been fantastic. I am so pleased that I have found an American auto maker that is building a quality vehicle.

Love it!!
By amanda on 03/25/09 22:42 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Focus for 3 years and have 70,000 miles on it. Never had any mechanical problems with it. I am getting about 30 mpg still. I love how I can do a really tight turn without any problems (always getting the best parking spot). The seats are very comfortable for long drives (do a lot of driving). Clutch is smooth and the steering is easy. I love this car!

Nice to have a reliable Ford
By Julie on 03/04/09 00:31 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in Oct 2005 and it has about 33,000 miles on it now. I am happy to say it has never had a mechanical problem since I have owned it. I use full synthetic oil in it which seems to have improved the mileage. In mixed driving, I rarely get below 30 MPG. I am happy with the performance and mileage and reliability of the Focus. I owned a Taurus previously and it was a nightmare. Recommended as a inexpensive used car purchase.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.