Used 2006 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Most Helpful|
No Mo Fo Mo Co
By NoMoFoMoCo

2006 Ford Focus ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My wife drove this car home from the dealership. By the time she got home, it had 11 miles on it. The trunk would not latch (returned it for service). Week 2, the driver side door would not close. Month 2, the remote stopped unlocking the doors. Month 3, the trunk flew open while we were driving with our dog in the back. We keep the doors shut with tie downs. The car is 6 months old, 5,000 miles and right now it's stuck in my driveway and I am missing work (again). This is our 13th Ford over 20 years and unless Ford takes it back at their expense, we will be switching to one of the other big 3.

Favorite Features

It appears to be water tight so as soon as we get it up on cinderblocks, we can use it for storage and use the tires for planter boxes.

Suggested Improvements

Either make doors that open and close or take the glass out of the windows and paint it like the General Lee.

many problems
By mtcilley

2006 Ford Focus ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

purchesed new 3/2006 NOT SAFE AT HIGHWAY SPEEDS IN SNOW!! THE REAR END WILL SPIN AROUND CAUSING TOTAL LOSS OF CONTROLL! wthn 2wks wiper motor burned out. found recall for same problem on other focus models but not specific to my mine -- ford will not respond, cost me $2oo bucks. rear plate lights, tail lights, rear turn signal lights started blowing bulbs then fuses and all lights except headlamps were out also the rear hatch door would pop open when ignition was turned on. found that wiring harness for rear hatch door had all wires broken. again found recall for same problem on other focus models but not specific to mine--again ford will not respond. spliced wires back together myself.

Favorite Features

NONE - WILL NEVER BUY OR RECOMEND ANOTHER FORD PRODUCT!!

Suggested Improvements

SCRAP IT AND START OVER.

Disappointed now that it is several months
By tam4givin

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was so happy to find a car I thought was going to be very comfortable. It was for a few weeks until the heated seats went crazy, the noise keeps getting louder, the performance when the Sirius on is real bad! I hope the people who rate their cars can come back here and add once they have had them several months like I have. Loud blinker sound is irritating to most people who ride in the car.

Favorite Features

Driver seat comfortable position for short big people.

Suggested Improvements

Placement of cup holders under dash, if you have a drink with a straw it hits the dash. Rear visibility is really bad. I know it seems like most new cars have this problem but everyone who drives my car says it is the worse! Loud tire noise. Gas mileage. Interior plastic pieces are cheaply made.

Not for tall people
By John Smith

2006 Ford Focus ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned this car for 5 days now and I have been trying to figure out how to get rid of it. Don't get me wrong, it's a fun little car if you are under 6 feet tall. I have experienced terrible back and leg pain from the driver's seat. I am 6'3" tall and go to the gym at least 3 times a week and in great shape. On the test drive and for a couple of days the car was fine then uncomfortable every other trip. Then had to drive 30 miles to and back from somewhere is when the excruciating pain began. This morning was a 5 mile trip to work and not less than 50 feet out of the driveway was when the pain began again. Please be very weary of this vehicle if you are tall!

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, cheap transport.

Suggested Improvements

Think of Americans over 6 feet tall.

F for Ford and rear brake squeal
By Fordratesan F

2006 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Rear brake squeal is a major problem with these Ford Focus for a number of model years and Ford refuses to fix or acknowlege the issue except for a few. We bought 3 of these and have the same problem on all. After about 2 years the rear brake squeal is so loud it is deafening. The dealship has not been able to fix the problem and we have spent a lot of money on them. Ford tells us we are just out of luck. Buyer beware.

Favorite Features

NONE

Suggested Improvements

Buy for target practice only