2006 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Never One Regret
By nursesrock on 07/03/10 20:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 06 SE Sedan in 8/06. I have never regretted the purchase for one moment. I'm probably going to trade it tomorrow, knowing its resale value is worth well more than what I owe. It's a good feeling knowing Ford builds cars like the Focus. I'm done with Japanese products. The Focus has been an awesome, reliable car, and I've had nothing but compliment feedback from observers and guests. High marks, Ford is only getting better.

Small with good Utility
By bwsmoney on 05/13/10 21:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Yes it's small. But it has a pretty decent amount of interior space for its size. SES package gives you the controls on the steering wheel, which is nice. As for comfort, it is perfect for my wife (5'3") but not at all comfortable for me (6'5"). Engine is not very powerful, but it's only noticeable when the car is really loaded down. MPG is heavily dependent on how you drive it. No mechanical problems after 4+ years, just one long-term rattle underneath that the mechanics have not been to locate. Antenna base got water in it and therefore some corrosion, and now radio reception is horrible.

LOVE MY FOCUS
By MMUSSO on 05/04/10 04:52 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car right off the lot in June of '06 with 61 miles on it. it has been a great car wit great gas milage. the only mechanical issue I have had is the CD player quit working twice, warranty fixed that. I do have the brake noise (coming from the rear drums) like I have read others have issues with, replaced the tired last year because the husband ran over a screw. but that's not the car's fault. Does squeak going over bumps, handles better in snow that it did with the factory tires (can't remember which brand, but they were not pirelli's) And it could have better sound proofing.

Agood car All around
By Andrew on 04/15/10 16:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car used. I went from a 1998 cavalier to a 2006 focus i had a coil pack go out the same day i bought the car and replaced same day NO cost to me. I'm a stock holder for Ford and i like this car. I am 38 and is a good car all around.

Still Enjoying
By Tia on 02/21/10 17:42 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was given this car in 12/06 and have had very few issues with it. When I bought the car with 16k there was a slight squeak in rear when I went over bad potholes, and the dealer fixed that. Now, with 55k i am noticing that noise every once in a while again. I have had no other problems with this car that needed to be fixed. I live in Indiana and haven't noticed the issue with the A/C that other people have mentioned. I'm not sure if it's the way I drive or my car, but I do not get anywhere near 30 mpg. I dont check it very often but I think I average around 22-25 mpg. The paint on the radio is wearing off a bit. Only complaint is that although the trunk is pretty big, the opening is not!!

Great Little Car
By jpeters on 02/07/10 13:32 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased brand new in March '06. Coming up on 4 years and 108,000 miles and not a single issue. Have done regular oil changes every 5,000 miles and am on my third set of tires, have replaced one rear light at about 80,000 miles. Thats it for maintanence. Fun to drive, great gas mileage, practically maintenance free. Good acceleration and handling, passing is a breeze. Only complaints are engine noise at about 62 mph but only at that particular speed, not higher or lower. Not comfortable on long drives, say over about 3 or 4 hours, definite booty pain. Has been a fun and faithful little car. Love it!

Problems
By April on 12/10/09 11:11 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 S 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car used a year and a half ago, because I was going through a divorce and need something that wasn't a gas guzzler and compact. Since the purchase it has needed a new transmission, a new fly wheel and I just replaced the starter. When I bought it the back passenger side strut was already squeaking (and still does). Luckily the transmission and fly wheel were covered by the warranty. However, it cost me $460 to replace the starter. I know there is up keep in buying a car but geez...

06 Focus SES ZX5 AT
By Sgeur67 on 12/01/09 00:48 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased my Focus SES ZX5 new. Love it. getting 25mpg city/30mpg hwy at 70mph. Original Pirelli P6's were super noisy, replaced them after 400 miles with Goodrich TA radials. Quieter than the P6's and far far better traction in snow. After 54K mi brakes are still great, no noise, no squeaks, no dust and still now wore out. AC is always cold when you really need good and cold. This car has all the power you need for every day commuting and quite comfortable on 4hr trip too. I would buy another 4dr hatch if Ford made it. Great little car.

Liked the car; Didn't like the repairs
By Holly on 11/23/09 00:47 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I drove my Focus for just shy of three years when it met a premature death in an accident about a month ago. Honestly, I liked the look of my car and had a lot of fun with it. Unfortunately, my transmission failed at 37,000 miles just beyond the when the factory warrenty expired requiring a rebuild. Two months after the the transmission fiasco, the front driver's side wheel bearing woreout. Also, the CD player was rather tempermental. It only worked when the temperature outside ranged from 60-80 degrees. I'm not very sure what that issue pertained to as it seemed to be a luxury concern compared to the other required repairs to a new college grad with student loans!

A great American Car!
By Focus on 10/11/09 09:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my focus I purchased it used with only 6k on and in 1st year I put on 35K. Great fuel economy I am getting city/hwy combined milage of 35MPG I am not driving like a a snail. I like that it is a PZEV partial zero emission vehicle. It took Honda and Toyota 1 to 2 years to bring the PZEV to market. The Focus has been PZEV since 2005 here in CA.. The 2.0 PZEV motor is a terrific motor, I have had zero problems.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.