Used 2006 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews - 152 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

2006 Ford Focus

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

36000 miles in 1 year
By focusdriver

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Car was driven hard and fast across Pennsylvania twice a week. Only 2 complaints. Any little snow or a little mud in wheels made vibrations in the steering wheel. A pain to keep clean. And the front tires throw stones /sand /dirt against area in front of rear wheels to the point of needing paint touch up. Not cool. Other than that, this car loves to cruise at 80+ with great mileage

Speed and handling. Great sound system

Better wind tunnel work. Use a little dirt and see the paint get sandblasted off the lower rear door area

Pretty good buy
By Kika

2006 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I like my Focus Hatchback. It's compact, so it's great for fitting in small places and such. However, I keep hearing a noise associated with the brake/transmission that I can't figure out. I took it in to the dealership and they fixed another noise (which was the backseat latch needing oil). This other noise worries me, though. Otherwise, I cannot complain. The A/C's great. The sound's pretty nice and I like the speaker set up. And, it drives smoothly. I would recommend it for a first time car-buyer.

Speaker set up (standard, not Sony) A/C. Size, gas mileage

More comfortable access to the rear seat.

Focus = Meh
By Ford Driver

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car because it was inexpensive and came with a body kit. Handles well, good gas mileage, nice looking exterior.

If you keep the car in cruise control on the highway, you could easily get 40mpg. Interior is quiet. Handles well.

The radio LCD display looks to be circa 1986. After racking up 11k miles, the engine is starting to get noisy. Door handles seem to be more difficult than other cars. Steering wheel is kinda uncomfortable. Handles well, but has blah acceleration (2.0 Duratec). Very high depreciation!

Ford Focus met our needs
By J.L.Thomas Jr.

2006 Ford Focus ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Ford Focus wagon is a comfortable as well as economical car to drive. We have 3 dogs that we like to travel with and this wagon handled all the dogs as well as a luggage rack on its roof. This allowed for the family to travel safely as well as comfortably. We weren't certain at first if this 4 cylinder engine would have the power to haul all of us everywhere but it sure has; we are pleased. We weren't happy with the limited choices of paint colors offered. The rear floor of the cargo area should have been a little more than a thin sheet of plywood with a layer of carpet. Over all we are pleased with our purchase and the reasonable price we paid. We'd purchase this car again in a heartbeat.

Very roomy for any 4 cylinder car.

When putting rear seat down to increase cargo area, there needs to be a better design so rear seat lays flat.

so far so good
By timotee

2006 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car for a little over a year now. I must say that I love this car. It really is too bad that Ford is doing away with the hatchback! My only single complaint is the fuel economy. I do mostly spirited highway driving and I average about 24 mpg. I realize the EPA sets these numbers so it's really not their fault. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Handles really well for a small car.

Maybe a little more comfortable seat and someone kick the EPA in the head for rating this at 31 mpg highway!