Used 2006 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Pretty good buy
By Kika

2006 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I like my Focus Hatchback. It's compact, so it's great for fitting in small places and such. However, I keep hearing a noise associated with the brake/transmission that I can't figure out. I took it in to the dealership and they fixed another noise (which was the backseat latch needing oil). This other noise worries me, though. Otherwise, I cannot complain. The A/C's great. The sound's pretty nice and I like the speaker set up. And, it drives smoothly. I would recommend it for a first time car-buyer.

Speaker set up (standard, not Sony) A/C. Size, gas mileage

More comfortable access to the rear seat.

Focus = Meh
By Ford Driver

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought this car because it was inexpensive and came with a body kit. Handles well, good gas mileage, nice looking exterior.

If you keep the car in cruise control on the highway, you could easily get 40mpg. Interior is quiet. Handles well.

The radio LCD display looks to be circa 1986. After racking up 11k miles, the engine is starting to get noisy. Door handles seem to be more difficult than other cars. Steering wheel is kinda uncomfortable. Handles well, but has blah acceleration (2.0 Duratec). Very high depreciation!

Ford Focus met our needs
By J.L.Thomas Jr.

2006 Ford Focus ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Ford Focus wagon is a comfortable as well as economical car to drive. We have 3 dogs that we like to travel with and this wagon handled all the dogs as well as a luggage rack on its roof. This allowed for the family to travel safely as well as comfortably. We weren't certain at first if this 4 cylinder engine would have the power to haul all of us everywhere but it sure has; we are pleased. We weren't happy with the limited choices of paint colors offered. The rear floor of the cargo area should have been a little more than a thin sheet of plywood with a layer of carpet. Over all we are pleased with our purchase and the reasonable price we paid. We'd purchase this car again in a heartbeat.

Very roomy for any 4 cylinder car.

When putting rear seat down to increase cargo area, there needs to be a better design so rear seat lays flat.

so far so good
By timotee

2006 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car for a little over a year now. I must say that I love this car. It really is too bad that Ford is doing away with the hatchback! My only single complaint is the fuel economy. I do mostly spirited highway driving and I average about 24 mpg. I realize the EPA sets these numbers so it's really not their fault. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Handles really well for a small car.

Maybe a little more comfortable seat and someone kick the EPA in the head for rating this at 31 mpg highway!

From One to Another...
By Mike

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I traded a 2001 ZX3 for this 2006 SES. After driving this car for a year now, I think overall I wish I would have kept my ZX3! The build quality was MUCH better on the ZX3 but the SES has more power. There are some annoying squeaks and rattles that were a non factor on the ZX3. I don't know why Ford would not make the seats that are standard on the ZX3/ZX5 standard on the SES. These have much better side bolsters. Don't get me wrong, I like the SES. The steering feel and handling are great. The ride is not too firm. The Sony Audiophile system has great sound and the auto transmission is smooth shifting.

Sony Audiophile stereo and the powertrain. The steering is just as good as cars costing thousands more. I can't stand over-assisted steering

Terminate all Quality Control employees at the Warren MI assembly plant. They must sleep on the job!