2006 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
MUST test drive this car to believe it!
By Ron on 10/12/05 15:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a personal car to zip around in that was cheap on gas. I settled for a 2006 Toyota Corolla with sunroof, but due to a shortage, car was not to be delivered for 3 weeks! For the fun of it, I visited a Ford dealer and checked out the Focus. For less money, I got a boat load of options not planned for the Corolla. After a test drive, there was no turning back. Seats are much more comfortable and overall the car is much more fun to drive. I never thought I would buy a Ford, but so far I love the car + highly recommend you test drive one!

Great for parents
By shovan A on 10/09/05 10:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I am a single mom and I was looking for a car that had room plus good mileage. This is a good car because it has fold in seats in the back to put longer stuff in your trunk. The trunk is large too. The seats have anchors for car seats and you can still fold one side or both sides down if you have a rather large item. I love my car.

Ford Focus '06
By Bill Stipek on 10/01/05 18:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Since I have purchased my 06'Ford Focus SE 4 door I have been pleasantly surprised by its good all around quality. For example, its ride is comparable to a standard size sedan with excellent acceleration and fuel economy in this automatic transmission version.

Sporty, roomy, good gas mileage, BUT
By Joe C on 10/01/05 01:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is my second Focus. I purchased a 2000 Focus SE, and now have 93k miles on it, and it still runs well. So, I took out a lease recently on a 2006 ZX4 SES--and mind you, I try many rental cars, so I like to compare. This Focus has all the creature comforts pretty much. It handles firmly like the Corolla, and is roomier both in cabin and trunk space over the Corolla and Civic. The gas mileage is a little less than my 2000 SE, but still very good. Reliability problems experienced in the first 1k miles: doors don't shut smoothly--I have to slam them shut Also, instrument cluster light and tail lights failed--looked for failed fuse--found none so far. Gas cap light on for unknown reason.

Great deal ... inexpensive and economical
By C. Jones on 09/07/05 10:43 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

What a surprise to drive the replacement for the Escort, and find it to be such a fun car. Nothing like the Escort. I bought the 5 speed, and it has every imaginable option ... some which I haven't figured out what to do with as yet. Incredible gas mileage, plenty of looks, an unbelievable warranty, shifts as smooth as anything I have every driven, and for its size, very quiet. No, I am not a Ford salesman, I am a cop who rides the big Crown Vic, and was absolutely astonished at how nice this car is. The Japanese have nothing close to this car, when you factor price, gas mileage, comfort and basic warranty. Enjoy this neat car!

fun
By otto tringle on 08/18/05 13:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The suspension is tight, and with the five speed it is very nice in traffic. Now you're not going to beat a hemi but if you're on the stick you're going to jump ahead of those not paying attention. As far as size, it is not for large people, but fits me with room.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.