2006 Ford Focus Wagon - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
2006 Focus SES Wagon Automatic - Bought new, now 5 years old
By jmiller38 on 07/03/11 09:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SES 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The first 2 years gave me very satisfactory service, and then things went from good to not so good. Had to have a new transmission around 34000 miles (under warranty). Headlights needed replacing at 3 years. Trim clips are lousy. Starter battery died; needed new fuel line and now the alternator went out ($700). Bumper crumples and quite costly to repair. Plastic gears for the arm rest break easily. Costs $500 to replace. Have had all my service done on schedule by Ford and do get good mileage. Bought for safety considerations. My car has had more problems than my friend's 2006 Focus hatchback. I'm wondering when the brakes and/or exhaust will go. Considered contacting Ford directly.

Ford Focus met our needs
By J.L.Thomas Jr. on 03/06/07 16:56 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Ford Focus wagon is a comfortable as well as economical car to drive. We have 3 dogs that we like to travel with and this wagon handled all the dogs as well as a luggage rack on its roof. This allowed for the family to travel safely as well as comfortably. We weren't certain at first if this 4 cylinder engine would have the power to haul all of us everywhere but it sure has; we are pleased. We weren't happy with the limited choices of paint colors offered. The rear floor of the cargo area should have been a little more than a thin sheet of plywood with a layer of carpet. Over all we are pleased with our purchase and the reasonable price we paid. We'd purchase this car again in a heartbeat.

Good, but...
By economicat on 10/19/06 05:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SES 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a very useful family car. We chose a wagon instead of an SUV so my small kids could get in and out easily on their own. The problem is that there are no rear headrests, so my children (4 & 8) will soon outgrow this car and we will have to replace it. The heated mirrors and seats work great and the care gets decent mileage. It will make strange noises if gas falls below a quarter tank, so beware. Sometimes the start is a little jumpy, but not really that bad. Fully loaded, it is an affordable alternative to the $35K+ we would have spent on another wagon, with as much rear room as a midsize SUV.

Kudos for Ford
By Nookarr Beier on 09/26/06 12:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Being thrifty and practical, I researched extensively before buying. The Focus wagon is what I was looking for, and I have been greatly pleased. Averaging 34 mpg (should be 40 in my opinion), lots of cargo space, good comfort features, more power doodads than I care for, comfy seat. I replaced a Corolla wagon with it. While not a Corolla, it's a very good car. I like the ride - suspension carries me across unpaved roads, construction sites, etc. without jarring. I've done high-speed highway driving with passengers as well. No real complaints, but good praise.

No Mo Fo Mo Co
By NoMoFoMoCo on 08/30/06 13:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My wife drove this car home from the dealership. By the time she got home, it had 11 miles on it. The trunk would not latch (returned it for service). Week 2, the driver side door would not close. Month 2, the remote stopped unlocking the doors. Month 3, the trunk flew open while we were driving with our dog in the back. We keep the doors shut with tie downs. The car is 6 months old, 5,000 miles and right now it's stuck in my driveway and I am missing work (again). This is our 13th Ford over 20 years and unless Ford takes it back at their expense, we will be switching to one of the other big 3.

Ford Focus wagon
By percy abols on 07/20/06 10:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Went to look at the new Fusion and ended getting the Focus - on impulse. What attracted us was the exterior design and the comfortable interior. Following a brief test drive, we found the car peppy and fun to drive. One can quickly exceed the speed limit without noticing it. The car is my wife's city run about. The only problem we had was with the AC. Turns out that one cable was improperly connected at the factory - hence the problem. It has been corrected and all is well. Should have gotten cruise - perhaps we will get it installed at a later date though the expense gives one pause for thought.

Great Little Ford
By bluedoctor on 05/07/06 07:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Works for my family. Fills any hauling needs except for extra large stuff. Fuel economy is excellent. Fun to drive with good performance. Great price.

Fun with Focus
By SueC on 05/02/06 07:30 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Car runs smooth and is very comfortable to sit in. So quiet we keep thinking the engine is off. More pick-up in power than expected. Great gas mileage!

One great car....
By Tom on 04/20/06 13:40 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SES 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a sporty small car that feels much larger than it is. Roomy inside, comfortable and convenient.

Good car for the money
By Tony P. on 03/04/06 19:13 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus Wagon ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I find this car to be a good value; lots of room, good performance, great gas mileage. It sort of reminds me of a mini-SUV. The seats are overstuffed and very comfortable. It has the road manners of a more expensive car. This car has surprising power for a 4 cylinder vehicle. Fully featured with power windows, locks, tilt steering, and an excellent audio system. I would recommend this car to anyone.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.