2006 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Only one good thing about it
By aarolar on 10/02/12 16:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Car was purchased new in 2006 since then, it has had 4 sets of tires in only 120k, 3 alternators, been back for a messed up fuel tank vent where it would spit fuel back out of the tank at you, and now to top it all off the cooling fan broke and jabbed through the radiator costing me another 800$! Add all this to the crappy ride and worthless uncomfortable ride and this excuse for a car only has one thing going for it and that's gas mileage. I knew the instant I found out it has a "lifetime airfilter" that this was a worthless throwaway vehicle. As soon as I get this radiator back together I am trading it on something worth my while!

LOVE MY FOCUS
By MMUSSO on 05/04/10 04:52 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car right off the lot in June of '06 with 61 miles on it. it has been a great car wit great gas milage. the only mechanical issue I have had is the CD player quit working twice, warranty fixed that. I do have the brake noise (coming from the rear drums) like I have read others have issues with, replaced the tired last year because the husband ran over a screw. but that's not the car's fault. Does squeak going over bumps, handles better in snow that it did with the factory tires (can't remember which brand, but they were not pirelli's) And it could have better sound proofing.

you get what you pay for
By Yoon on 07/13/09 11:29 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

i bought this car after researching for several months. Car and Driver ranked the 1st generation focus as a "ten best car" and consumer reports gave the focus high marks. after 58,000, the AC went out due to a bad compressor. that was a $1300 bill. up until then, i had no problems except normal wear and tear (i'm still on original brake pads and rotors). the car is not as refined as a civic, corolla, or mazda3. it's more fun to drive than a corolla, but a corolla has better fit and finish. overall, this car is fun, but rough around the edges. wish gas mileage was better. i get 25 mpg with lead foot.

Great little car
By Shelley on 06/02/09 11:42 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Ford Focus and am so glad I purchased it last year. It getsís great gas mileage and drives well. The only drawback to this vehicle is that it isn't great in the snow beyond that I have no complaints. I would recommend this car to anyone looking for a reliable inexpensive automobile as long as youíre less than 6 ft tall, my husband is a bit uncomfortable in the drivers seat. It has all the bells and whistles you need without the expensive price tag.

Fun, reliable commuter
By NHowner on 05/31/09 19:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

5sp SES, owned since new, now 55k. Fun, practical, economical, even works well on long trips (for two adults). 33-38 mpg with manual trans on part- highway commute, taking it easy and using cruise. Never less than 30mpg, even with local stop and go. Stock Pirelli's lasted 45k, now on all season Dunlop Signatures, better in snow, great in wet&dry. Only two repairs, under warranty: left rear door seal leak and power steering pump. Great in winter - heated seats, mirrors, traction control, ABS. SES interior for price is good. No squeaks or rattles. Some wind noise, but tolerable. 5sp is notchy, but you get used to it. Roomy trunk, rear seats fold nearly flat. View out back not so great

Gave American Autos a Chance
By Mike on 04/09/09 04:57 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I decided to give American made vehicles another shot at my business. Ford did not fail me. I have owned my Focus for 3 years and haven't had any mechanical or interior defects. The car looks and drives as well as it did the day I drove it off the lot. I had to get back on Edmunds and let anyone that could or would read this that my Ford experience has been fantastic. I am so pleased that I have found an American auto maker that is building a quality vehicle.

Focus Follow-up
By Focus follow-up on 06/13/08 11:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After having the car a little over 1 1/2 months, 3000 miles and in the Texas heat of 95 deg here are my observations: 1) the A/C interuption during accellerations is annoying, especially if you just got in the car and it is not already pre cooled. 2) gas mileage averages 28-29.5 mpg with 50/50 driving type. More if A/C not used. 3) all else I'm pretty happy with so far. The A/C deal was not a make or break for me when I was deciding whether to buy or not. The many other advantages out weigh this flaw.

Herman
By hatin11r on 05/15/08 09:11 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

With the price of gas going through the roof, I found this car with 5400 mi. and still under warranty. It really did belong to a"little old man who just drove it on errands". After reading all the reviews I decided to buy this car. So far I am more than satisfied. With a 50/50 even split of hwy.and local, I am getting 29 mpg.with a hwy speed of approx.65 mph. I have noticed the a/c interuption during rapid acceleration as previously stated. I even did this during the test drive to see if this was a big issue. Even though I live in the TX heat, I don't feel this will be a problem. Time will tell.

Never Again
By Theresa Bradburn on 04/19/08 08:23 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I will never buy another one of these. We got it because my husband needed something reliable to drive to a not so good neighborhood for work. Over the last two years the brakes have just fell apart. The door handles stick like no tomorrow, and the fuel mileage is awful. It was also at ford for three days with some started problem that we never did figure out for sure. Just that after six changed parts it quit doing it. So like I said never again.

From One to Another...
By Mike on 12/24/06 05:51 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I traded a 2001 ZX3 for this 2006 SES. After driving this car for a year now, I think overall I wish I would have kept my ZX3! The build quality was MUCH better on the ZX3 but the SES has more power. There are some annoying squeaks and rattles that were a non factor on the ZX3. I don't know why Ford would not make the seats that are standard on the ZX3/ZX5 standard on the SES. These have much better side bolsters. Don't get me wrong, I like the SES. The steering feel and handling are great. The ride is not too firm. The Sony Audiophile system has great sound and the auto transmission is smooth shifting.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.