2006 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Focus ST 5spd Still Fun
By Proud Owner on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my 2006 4-door Focus ST (5 spd) in Jan, 2009. It had 6.5k mi. Now it has 44k trouble-free miles and continues to be dependable, economical, and fun. Just as tight and fun to drive now as it was 38k miles ago. 25mpg in town, 30-31mpg on highway at 70-80 mph. Has always been a great highway driver, and now with new Continental Extreme Contact DW tires, tracks like a toy slot car on the highway and just as pleasurable in town. Great combination of economy, value, reliability, and fun. Was hit from behind by Corolla while at stop light. Corolla's front end and hood was crumpled and couldn't tell Focus had been hit except for Corolla's paint on rear bumper.

This Car Is a Blast
By Proud new owner on 02/16/09 18:18 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

In January '09 I found this 4-door ST with manual 5 speed in like new condition with only 6.5k mi. and have been smiling ever since. This car makes me smile every time I fire it up and head out. Very responsive engine with nice low-end torque for a four cylinder, smooth clutch, great taut steering, tight, rigid feeling chassis, and sweet handling make this car a blast to drive. Feels, sounds, and drives European but for $1000's less. So far getting 25mpg around town and have not taken highway trip, yet.

Still makes me smile
By GK on 06/30/08 19:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Focus ZX4 ST for almost 2 years now, and I still really have no complaints. My parking brake relase button cracked, but was replaced no problem under warranty. Many people seem to think the A/C shutoff under acceleration is a huge deal. I lived in Las Vegas for the majority of the time I have had this car, and it was not a big deal. Most people just need to not accelerate so much. MPG varies, but can easily achieve 27 city mpg in FL, and have achieved as high as 34mpg highway. It's really a good buy. The car is kind of a sleeper. Drive it normal or give it hell and it will respond. Very fun to drive. Too bad they got rid of the ST option and the 2.3 I4..

Convinced, happy owner
By dimes4slim on 06/08/08 13:36 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Being that our other cars are luxury or sport vehicles, I wasn't sure how I would adapt to my new commuter car. Two and a half years into my ownership, I have had zero problems. The Focus is reliable, very comfortable, handles well and gets a consistent 28 mpg in normal driving. It may not have been so fashionable when I bought it, but now that gas is $4+ per gallon, it is the envy of all of many SUV owners. The seats are great on long trips, and the 5 speed manual puts a smile on my face. With the rear seats folded down, there is a credible amount of hauling space. Simple, sporty, reliable, and economical, with great handling as a bonus. I'm convinced that the Focus was a wise choice.

Unsafe
By Dorf on 02/15/08 09:33 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely loved driving this vehicle. The quick acceleration, smooth ride, and exceptional sound system made my hour long commute to work enjoyable. Unfortunately, the car was totaled when I hydroplaned in a heavy storm and went off the road. My concern is that the air bag did not deploy. I dropped six feet off the road and slammed into a group of trees at approximately 45 mph. The engine was pushed up off the engine block, both tires were out of the wheel wells, and the hood nearly crashed through the windshield. The crumple zones worked as designed, but I seriously question the alignment of the impact points in this vehicle. Current owners, please have your air bags checked!

A winner in every category
By oh no tokyo! on 08/24/07 18:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Owned a 2003 Focus SE sedan, but wanted something with a little more punch. Decided to buy the ST sedan, and it has been an awesome car every single trip out of the driveway. Sporty looks mixed with common sense, this only improves and already top- notch car. The ST is quick off the line, and holds its own out on the highway. Feels well put together. Handles curves with ease. Lots of good stuff on the inside--heated seats, mp3 player, side airbags, abs, pen holder (2 thumbs up), cruise, heated mirrors. One thing that deserves its own paragraph is the huge trunk the Focus has. You can fit so much stuff in here, tons of luggage, groceries, sports gear, tae kwon do bags...awesome

Suburban Sleeper
By PHutch on 08/07/07 08:08 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

The 2.3L engine is absolutely fantastic, and at 70 MPH you are just at the botom of the flat power curve, so roll on to pass requires no downshift. It's zippy around town and extremely fun to drive. There have been no problems, the sound system is great, handling is tight and responsive. other small "sporty car" drivers are surprised when they are outperformed by a Focus. I thought that the disconuation of the SVT would make my car choice harder, but this engine makes its power (less HP but more torque) about 1100 RPM lower than the SVT did, which makes it more driveable. You don't have to spin the motor to make good power, and it runs on regular (the SVT used premium).

36000 miles in 1 year
By focusdriver on 06/26/07 17:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Car was driven hard and fast across Pennsylvania twice a week. Only 2 complaints. Any little snow or a little mud in wheels made vibrations in the steering wheel. A pain to keep clean. And the front tires throw stones /sand /dirt against area in front of rear wheels to the point of needing paint touch up. Not cool. Other than that, this car loves to cruise at 80+ with great mileage

Great Handling Car!
By Tommy on 10/25/06 19:29 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this Focus in August 06 and it has impressed me so far. Handling and power is impressive for a car under $18K. Very comfortable for a small car.

Very Impressed! Really like it!
By Grant on 08/26/06 00:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

I have had this car two days, and I'm so impressed. It has solid power through all gears, good exhaust tone, and has a great overall feel. Filled up after burning a 1/4 tank just to see what my mpg was, and was impressed with 26 mpg for city driving. Seats have good side bolster, trunk is quite big for car. Wish the cup holders were arranged differently, but don't let that discourage you from buying. You can get a fully loaded Focus ST, way cheaper than a loaded Civic. I have caught a lot of heck for getting a Focus, but after most people see the car they are quite impressed, and say "not bad"

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.