2006 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Nice car!
By mndriver4 on 11/04/12 19:40 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I really enjoy driving this car, It's nimble and quick, visibility is the best, nicest economy car I'v ever driven. I get 32 to 34 MPG for my average with about 75% hwy. I like the way you sit high, I'ts been vary reliable 110K miles on it now. I'ts not a refined luxury car but I find it more fun to drive.

Only one good thing about it
By aarolar on 10/02/12 16:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Car was purchased new in 2006 since then, it has had 4 sets of tires in only 120k, 3 alternators, been back for a messed up fuel tank vent where it would spit fuel back out of the tank at you, and now to top it all off the cooling fan broke and jabbed through the radiator costing me another 800$! Add all this to the crappy ride and worthless uncomfortable ride and this excuse for a car only has one thing going for it and that's gas mileage. I knew the instant I found out it has a "lifetime airfilter" that this was a worthless throwaway vehicle. As soon as I get this radiator back together I am trading it on something worth my while!

Fun, Fast but squeaky
By nickmbb on 10/25/11 10:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Its a nice fast city run-around car. Great on gas and is fun to drive. On the highway, it drives smooth at high speeds. Had it for 6 years now and haven't had any mechanical problems (except that squeak).

crap!!!
By sm448669 on 09/15/11 23:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 06 se at focus,and this is the 3rd!!!! tranny i have put in it...the original crapped out on me at 60,000 miles replaced it and the 2nd one crapped out on my after only 30,000...i will never ever ever again buy another ford car!!!!!!!!

Focus on bang for buck
By bliston1 on 04/09/11 11:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

First real car that i've purchased coming from driving a dodge neon that i put way to much time into keeping running been driving this car since 01/08 and it's been doing great, now i've been reading through the reviews saying that it's bad in the snow, and i'm going to go out on a limb and just say they must have bald tires or be horrible drivers. living in Logan Utah i have yet to have any problems through out the 3 winters that i've had this car, and I've got 40k+ on the all weather tires. Also i'm 6'1 and fit very well into the car with plenty of room to spare may be a bit low to get into but not that bad,

Very Reliable Car!
By sobefobik on 03/14/11 10:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall this has been a great car and I would purchase another. I have put over 110,000 on this car in 4 years with no problems other than replacing the alternator, which is a cheap fix. The CD player did break, too. Also, the rear brakes are very squeaky, which seems to be a common problem with the car. I've driven this on several trips each being 2,000+ miles with NO problems.

Focus ST 5spd Still Fun
By Proud Owner on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my 2006 4-door Focus ST (5 spd) in Jan, 2009. It had 6.5k mi. Now it has 44k trouble-free miles and continues to be dependable, economical, and fun. Just as tight and fun to drive now as it was 38k miles ago. 25mpg in town, 30-31mpg on highway at 70-80 mph. Has always been a great highway driver, and now with new Continental Extreme Contact DW tires, tracks like a toy slot car on the highway and just as pleasurable in town. Great combination of economy, value, reliability, and fun. Was hit from behind by Corolla while at stop light. Corolla's front end and hood was crumpled and couldn't tell Focus had been hit except for Corolla's paint on rear bumper.

Never One Regret
By nursesrock on 07/03/10 20:19 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 06 SE Sedan in 8/06. I have never regretted the purchase for one moment. I'm probably going to trade it tomorrow, knowing its resale value is worth well more than what I owe. It's a good feeling knowing Ford builds cars like the Focus. I'm done with Japanese products. The Focus has been an awesome, reliable car, and I've had nothing but compliment feedback from observers and guests. High marks, Ford is only getting better.

LOVE MY FOCUS
By MMUSSO on 05/04/10 04:52 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the car right off the lot in June of '06 with 61 miles on it. it has been a great car wit great gas milage. the only mechanical issue I have had is the CD player quit working twice, warranty fixed that. I do have the brake noise (coming from the rear drums) like I have read others have issues with, replaced the tired last year because the husband ran over a screw. but that's not the car's fault. Does squeak going over bumps, handles better in snow that it did with the factory tires (can't remember which brand, but they were not pirelli's) And it could have better sound proofing.

Agood car All around
By Andrew on 04/15/10 16:58 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Sedan ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car used. I went from a 1998 cavalier to a 2006 focus i had a coil pack go out the same day i bought the car and replaced same day NO cost to me. I'm a stock holder for Ford and i like this car. I am 38 and is a good car all around.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.