2006 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Ford Focus Superstar
By jezmanuk on 10/01/09 19:37 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased my '06 Focus new. Wanted Grey, hatchback, Stick, shopped around and got a 3 door SES with leather moon roof and winter package for $14000. I have had ZERO problems with it for 26000 miles, service has been excellent from dealer (even replaced a wheel with a good used one for free when I kerbed mine). The car is fun to drive, very reliable (Consumer reports rates it with Civic and Corolla), looks good and I have had a very stress free ownership. The Original Pirelli P6's (unusual size205/50 ZR16) weren't great and had lots of road noise. I changed all 4 due to a sidewall puncture @ 24K miles for BF Goodrich G-Force Sport which are much quieter and have much better dry traction

F for Ford and rear brake squeal
By Fordratesan F on 04/27/09 08:51 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Rear brake squeal is a major problem with these Ford Focus for a number of model years and Ford refuses to fix or acknowlege the issue except for a few. We bought 3 of these and have the same problem on all. After about 2 years the rear brake squeal is so loud it is deafening. The dealship has not been able to fix the problem and we have spent a lot of money on them. Ford tells us we are just out of luck. Buyer beware.

Pretty good buy
By Kika on 04/13/07 08:41 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I like my Focus Hatchback. It's compact, so it's great for fitting in small places and such. However, I keep hearing a noise associated with the brake/transmission that I can't figure out. I took it in to the dealership and they fixed another noise (which was the backseat latch needing oil). This other noise worries me, though. Otherwise, I cannot complain. The A/C's great. The sound's pretty nice and I like the speaker set up. And, it drives smoothly. I would recommend it for a first time car-buyer.

so far so good
By timotee on 01/31/07 12:27 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my car for a little over a year now. I must say that I love this car. It really is too bad that Ford is doing away with the hatchback! My only single complaint is the fuel economy. I do mostly spirited highway driving and I average about 24 mpg. I realize the EPA sets these numbers so it's really not their fault. I would recommend this car to anyone.

Solid car that holds it own.
By Chris on 08/04/06 14:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I looked at all the favorites from Toyota, Honda, Mazda etc. and found that this little car was the best deal for the money. There is no way the other manufactures could compete with the price considering all that comes on this vehicle (SES), not to mention Ford rebates and incentives. This car is fun to drive, handles good, accelerates on a dime, and is good for long commutes. I am discouraged about the insurance though, a little high because of a high symbol rating. Will be interested to see how good the gas mileage really is. Overall though I like this car. Good buy.

Best car out (for the money)
By josh on 05/29/06 02:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I picked this up as a commuter car to make the 140 mile round trip commute to school. It's got plenty of power, and is responsive. It rolls down the highway smooth as silk at 75-80 miles an hour. I got the cold weather package (heated seats and side mirrors), Sony audiophile package and all the goodies that come with the SES trim. For the money, this car can not be beat. Comfortable, stylish and plenty of pep from the 2L engine. No other entry level car competes with the Focus.

most comfortable car for the money
By josh on 05/20/06 21:32 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I started out looking at the Fit and the Yaris, but after rebates and a little price negotiation, I just couldn't pass up the Focus. Sure it might have a lower trade in value, but I also paid a lot less than a comparably equipped import, and the Focus has more options making it more comfortable to drive while I own it. Focus also has a longer power train warranty that is transferable. I was looking at entry level cars, and for the price I don't think the Focus can be beat. Nothing else has as many comfort and convenience features for less than $14,000. Plus I got the dealership to throw in window tint. ;)

Excellent purchase
By Russ on 03/05/06 06:10 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased the vehicle on December 11, 2005. I traded in a 2000 F150 Ford. I needed a good and reliable car for my daily commute of 100 miles per day. I understood it was a German made vehicle, and from statements form others, they are excellent vehicles. As of this date, I have no complaints and I love the car. I handles fantastic and has great pick-up on the freeway for a 2.0 engine.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.