Used 2006 Ford Focus ZX3 SE Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

2006 Focus ZX3 2 dr Hatchback
By starrynight548

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I like this car, especially how easy it is to maneuver in tight areas. Brakes are noisy, took it in for check up & was told squeaky brakes were normal for this car. I do wish I got better gas mileage, and wish the back seats would fold down flat (as the dealer assured me they would, but they don't)

Easy to maneuver in tight spots, can usually do a complete turn around without having to back up.

Back seats should be able to lay down flat.

Great Little Car
By jpeters

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased brand new in March '06. Coming up on 4 years and 108,000 miles and not a single issue. Have done regular oil changes every 5,000 miles and am on my third set of tires, have replaced one rear light at about 80,000 miles. Thats it for maintanence. Fun to drive, great gas mileage, practically maintenance free. Good acceleration and handling, passing is a breeze. Only complaints are engine noise at about 62 mph but only at that particular speed, not higher or lower. Not comfortable on long drives, say over about 3 or 4 hours, definite booty pain. Has been a fun and faithful little car. Love it!

Styling, handleing, fuel economy.

Make the cab quieter, more cushion on the seats.

many problems
By mtcilley

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

purchesed new 3/2006 NOT SAFE AT HIGHWAY SPEEDS IN SNOW!! THE REAR END WILL SPIN AROUND CAUSING TOTAL LOSS OF CONTROLL! wthn 2wks wiper motor burned out. found recall for same problem on other focus models but not specific to my mine -- ford will not respond, cost me $2oo bucks. rear plate lights, tail lights, rear turn signal lights started blowing bulbs then fuses and all lights except headlamps were out also the rear hatch door would pop open when ignition was turned on. found that wiring harness for rear hatch door had all wires broken. again found recall for same problem on other focus models but not specific to mine--again ford will not respond. spliced wires back together myself.

NONE - WILL NEVER BUY OR RECOMEND ANOTHER FORD PRODUCT!!

SCRAP IT AND START OVER.

Great for school parking lots
By Brent

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my car with with 54k miles on in February 09 and I drive it to school everyday, I love how it just turns easily and can fit into small spaces that big vehicles cant. Great first time car.

The acceleration has a lot of get-up and the seats are very comfy.

It makes some odd noises, like squeaky brakes, but its tolerable, cup holders are in odd spots though.

The problems unfold
By J

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

So I bought this car in September and it was awesome until two weeks ago. The battery light stayed on. One morning I went out to my car and heard the radio playing inside. I hit the unlock button and it stopped. The car wouldn't start so I had to tow it in. There seems to be a lot of electrical problems like the trunk button, back windshield wiper, radio/clock, and cruise control button dont work properly or at all.

I like the appearance of the car. The bucket seats are very comfy.

If only the car was more reliable.