2006 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Would Buy Again
By ralphaw on 04/25/08 11:34 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have been pleased with both performance and reliability of this car, especially the gas mileage. My job requires a lot of driving so comfort is a big plus. The seating height is also appreciated compared to other compacts I have been in.

Focus ZX3 S
By dan on 07/13/06 06:29 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car about four months ago, and I have no complaints, other than I wish I got one with AC. For what it is, which is a cheap, entry level car, it's a great value. Very fun to drive on back roads, and can pass decently on the highway if you drop it into fourth going 60ish. Manual transmission and clutch are good. Acceleration isn't blistering by any means (I have the PZEV version, with only 130 horsepower), but it's fun on windy roads. I love how the back seats fold flat, cause it give my dogs a big area to hang out. I installed front seats for the 2004 SVT focus, which I'd recommend, since the ones that came stock weren't too supportive. I get 23-24 mpg, all city driving.

Nice, fun to drive
By Jeff on 07/10/06 10:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just brought My Focus a few weeks ago and am very pleased. Overall quality is better than I expected and it's really a blast to drive. As a former Honda salesperson I'm amazed at how well thought out the interior is and the comfort of the ride. Definitely happy with the experience so far.

Good Car, Even Better Value
By Allston on 06/16/06 08:42 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in the summer during Ford's Family Pricing event and got it for $11K. Great functionality, it can fit a elephant in it. Even better than its functionality is its performance, I love it! Drives like its on rails and 0-80 performance is a blast. 5 speed has a good feel and you always know where you are. Great functionality, amazing to drive, 30+ mpg average economy. Don't buy the car to be seen in, I still don't really like the idea of driving a Focus but if you want an inexpensive, reliable, FUN TO DRIVE, good little car, this is for you. And I've gotta say, after 20,000 amazing miles, I've gotten a lot more comfortable with the idea of having this as my car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.