2006 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
It's an economy car
By pyzik on 06/27/12 12:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car back in 2009, it had 60k on it at the time. I jumped into this car from a 2002 Mercury Sable Premier that had an engine electrical problem I didn't want to pay to fix. Going from a Premier with all the bells and whistles to this is really what made this car seem less than it is. I am at 120k miles now with the only issue being shocks. All four are bad. Other than that brakes were the only other things that have needed changing. MPG for me has been 25 city and 34 highway. The car has road noise and isn't very comfortable but as I said it's an economy car. It's a little slow but handles great.

Small with good Utility
By bwsmoney on 05/13/10 21:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Yes it's small. But it has a pretty decent amount of interior space for its size. SES package gives you the controls on the steering wheel, which is nice. As for comfort, it is perfect for my wife (5'3") but not at all comfortable for me (6'5"). Engine is not very powerful, but it's only noticeable when the car is really loaded down. MPG is heavily dependent on how you drive it. No mechanical problems after 4+ years, just one long-term rattle underneath that the mechanics have not been to locate. Antenna base got water in it and therefore some corrosion, and now radio reception is horrible.

06 Focus SES ZX5 AT
By Sgeur67 on 12/01/09 00:48 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased my Focus SES ZX5 new. Love it. getting 25mpg city/30mpg hwy at 70mph. Original Pirelli P6's were super noisy, replaced them after 400 miles with Goodrich TA radials. Quieter than the P6's and far far better traction in snow. After 54K mi brakes are still great, no noise, no squeaks, no dust and still now wore out. AC is always cold when you really need good and cold. This car has all the power you need for every day commuting and quite comfortable on 4hr trip too. I would buy another 4dr hatch if Ford made it. Great little car.

FordMan
By southbender on 10/13/08 17:18 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Have had since 2/06. Had issues with the tailgate immediately, and the backseats needed adjusting, they wouldn't relatch first time folded down. Drivers door needed to be reset also right after purchase. Hatchback door key mechanism fell out, my spouse noticed and picked up a small key cover. Have driven from Northern IN, to Boise, Phoenix, and Nashville. Cruises at 70mph no problems. Great gas mileage. Good pick up and go in traffic. Tight steering. Great car for the money.

Broken after only 3800 miles
By Ginger on 08/09/06 11:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have enjoyed driving my car and it gets really good fuel mileage, but I went to get the windows tinted and the auto man showed me where there were screws missing from the doors. Then after owning the car for 3.5 months the starter goes bad, which dealer did fix.

2006 ZX5 SES Hatchback
By whicker on 07/21/06 12:24 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. Traded in my Sport Trac to get something easier on gas. I love the way it drives and for a 4 cylinder, has great acceleration...more than I had expected! It's fun to drive.

Awesome car
By truecndn on 06/12/06 07:24 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Had the car for a week and have put on a 1000km. It's actually fun to drive! Handles surprisingly well. Good acceleration, very user friendly. Love it!

Frugal Fun
By Jim Miller on 05/31/06 08:14 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Other than wanting more power, particularly in the lower gears, my 2006 Focus ZX5 is a joy to drive.

Focus is practical and fun
By Woody1 on 03/20/06 09:38 AM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I drive mostly highway miles, so I wanted something that was responsive and comfortable with good gas mileage. I got it with the Focus. No problem driving to and from work. My Focus is equipped with the safety package (ABS & side airbags), as well as traction control. I also have a six CD stereo, which has a great sound. It's tough to find a car with all that for around $15,000 after the cash-back offers. I recommend this car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.