2006 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Functional, reliable, and fuel efficient
By Mike in NH on 05/18/09 21:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Focus for a year and have had no problems. I love the room it has in back. It was the only hatch that could swallow my goalie equipment without having to fold the seat down. I check my mileage every fill-up and have never been below 27 and highest was 34mpg. Typically 28-29 in mostly short trip driving, no highway (but not really stop and go either) The ride feels a bit like a Jetta, which is a compliment-- great handling, nicely tuned suspension. However, much less expensive and Ford reliability is outstanding these days.

Ford Focus - more than you think
By Alex on 08/20/07 14:09 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My Focus is easy to drive, it's powerful (I also own a Mustang but sometimes I am quicker with the Focus) and it's built very reliably. I had no issues whatsover and I drive it in any kind of weather and circumstance.

Great car....for the price
By johnnash on 08/02/06 15:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is a great car...for the price. If it cost as much some competitors I'd have trouble recommending it, but you get a LOT for the money here with rebates etc. The ride and handling combination is very good for the class. I like the 5 door hatchback...it is more practical than the 3 door but sportier than the sedan. There is plenty of room up front. I'm 6'4" and have no problem fitting. I'm getting around 33 mpg overall with the manual transmission and I read they improved mileage for 2007.

Gas Problem
By tomw on 05/22/06 09:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I really like my new '06 Ford Focus ZX5 SE. I've only got about 600 miles on it however, and when filling up with gas, both times the gas backs up and shoots back out of the filler tube within seconds and splashes all over me! I have to barely squeeze the pump handle in order to get the gas into the car - a real hassle and I'm awaiting Ford's answer to this problem.

Worst new car I ever bought
By wiwany on 05/19/06 09:09 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Six Flags on the road - that's the way this sloppy manufactured car rides. Suspension must be made of marshmallows. A pot hole in the way? just hit it - and sends you somewhere you would never anticipate beforehand ... I would even say: dangerous to drive!

Great Value in the Compact Class
By Brad on 01/27/06 20:05 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have had a lot of fun driving this car. The handling and ride of this car rival my wife's Honda Accord (no kidding). I test drove the new Honda Civic, new Toyota Corolla, and a new Suzuki Forenza. The Focus had the most headroom, the most comfortable seats, and the best road manners. The interior is well laid out with all of the controls within easy reach. On the highway the engine noise is quieter than expected. The engine doesn't sound too hurried even at speeds around 70 mph. The car tracks straight and is very responsive to steering input with the short wheelbase. Braking feels solid, even with drum brakes in the rear. I am getting just over 27 mpg with mixed city/highway driving.

Cheesy Face-lift
By David on 10/14/05 14:11 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I wished they didn't change the exterior styling, it's horrible especially for the hatchback version. It's basically the same Focus, but more refined and it handles great, very predictable and secure. The interior space is quite good for the size of the car. I enjoy all the features that came with my ZX5, like 6 CDs, moonroof, heated seats.

GREAT car
By PSPTom on 08/31/05 20:14 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus Hatchback ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

After reviewing and test driving small and midsized wagons for nearly a year, the summer 2005 sale price on this vehicle finally tipped the scale. I couldn't be happier. This car is fun to drive, very peppy with good road feel and still more economical to drive than most of the competition. It has more actual cargo room than many larger SUVs and wagons.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.