Used 2006 Ford Focus ZXW SE Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Ford Focus met our needs
By J.L.Thomas Jr.

2006 Ford Focus ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The Ford Focus wagon is a comfortable as well as economical car to drive. We have 3 dogs that we like to travel with and this wagon handled all the dogs as well as a luggage rack on its roof. This allowed for the family to travel safely as well as comfortably. We weren't certain at first if this 4 cylinder engine would have the power to haul all of us everywhere but it sure has; we are pleased. We weren't happy with the limited choices of paint colors offered. The rear floor of the cargo area should have been a little more than a thin sheet of plywood with a layer of carpet. Over all we are pleased with our purchase and the reasonable price we paid. We'd purchase this car again in a heartbeat.

Very roomy for any 4 cylinder car.

When putting rear seat down to increase cargo area, there needs to be a better design so rear seat lays flat.

Kudos for Ford
By Nookarr Beier

2006 Ford Focus ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Being thrifty and practical, I researched extensively before buying. The Focus wagon is what I was looking for, and I have been greatly pleased. Averaging 34 mpg (should be 40 in my opinion), lots of cargo space, good comfort features, more power doodads than I care for, comfy seat. I replaced a Corolla wagon with it. While not a Corolla, it's a very good car. I like the ride - suspension carries me across unpaved roads, construction sites, etc. without jarring. I've done high-speed highway driving with passengers as well. No real complaints, but good praise.

PZEV. The extremely low emissions rating of this car was the clincher. While the hybrids have better fuel economy, their emissions are the same as the Focus sold in the California-compliant states. For the cost difference and practicality, I go with the Focus. Also, comfort, ride, looks.

Rear-view visibility needs improvement. Ford should make this a hybrid. While fuel economy is better than most cars, it should be even better. Driver's window is too high and the plastic is hard - makes it uncomfortable to rest my arm on it. Dome light lingers after shutting the door - annoying.

No Mo Fo Mo Co
By NoMoFoMoCo

2006 Ford Focus ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

My wife drove this car home from the dealership. By the time she got home, it had 11 miles on it. The trunk would not latch (returned it for service). Week 2, the driver side door would not close. Month 2, the remote stopped unlocking the doors. Month 3, the trunk flew open while we were driving with our dog in the back. We keep the doors shut with tie downs. The car is 6 months old, 5,000 miles and right now it's stuck in my driveway and I am missing work (again). This is our 13th Ford over 20 years and unless Ford takes it back at their expense, we will be switching to one of the other big 3.

It appears to be water tight so as soon as we get it up on cinderblocks, we can use it for storage and use the tires for planter boxes.

Either make doors that open and close or take the glass out of the windows and paint it like the General Lee.

Ford Focus wagon
By percy abols

2006 Ford Focus ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Went to look at the new Fusion and ended getting the Focus - on impulse. What attracted us was the exterior design and the comfortable interior. Following a brief test drive, we found the car peppy and fun to drive. One can quickly exceed the speed limit without noticing it. The car is my wife's city run about. The only problem we had was with the AC. Turns out that one cable was improperly connected at the factory - hence the problem. It has been corrected and all is well. Should have gotten cruise - perhaps we will get it installed at a later date though the expense gives one pause for thought.

The dash and the CD player. Happy that they kept the European hand holds.

Rear seat head restraints as standard features as well as cruise (even if it means raising the base price a tad or two). More CD storage. No need for the cigarette lighter - should be a power outlet and there should be one also in the back of the wagon (as in our Dodge Caravan).

Great Little Ford
By bluedoctor

2006 Ford Focus ZXW SE 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Works for my family. Fills any hauling needs except for extra large stuff. Fuel economy is excellent. Fun to drive with good performance. Great price.

Design of the wagon style, not too big or small. Comfortable seating.

None for the price.