Used 2006 Ford Focus ZX3 S Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Would Buy Again
By ralphaw

2006 Ford Focus ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have been pleased with both performance and reliability of this car, especially the gas mileage. My job requires a lot of driving so comfort is a big plus. The seating height is also appreciated compared to other compacts I have been in.

Seating height/comfort and gas mileage.

Bring back the ZX3 in the new line.

Focus ZX3 S
By dan

2006 Ford Focus ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I got this car about four months ago, and I have no complaints, other than I wish I got one with AC. For what it is, which is a cheap, entry level car, it's a great value. Very fun to drive on back roads, and can pass decently on the highway if you drop it into fourth going 60ish. Manual transmission and clutch are good. Acceleration isn't blistering by any means (I have the PZEV version, with only 130 horsepower), but it's fun on windy roads. I love how the back seats fold flat, cause it give my dogs a big area to hang out. I installed front seats for the 2004 SVT focus, which I'd recommend, since the ones that came stock weren't too supportive. I get 23-24 mpg, all city driving.

Handling, transmission, hatchback versatility & rear seats folding capability, fun to drive, 6 cup holders & a nice little storage cubby for cell phones etc.

Make AC a standard feature, I wish it got the advertised 27 mpg city fuel economy.

Nice, fun to drive
By Jeff

2006 Ford Focus ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Just brought My Focus a few weeks ago and am very pleased. Overall quality is better than I expected and it's really a blast to drive. As a former Honda salesperson I'm amazed at how well thought out the interior is and the comfort of the ride. Definitely happy with the experience so far.

Strong AC (I live in Florida), and the great view of the road.

Lack of a tachometer on base model with 5 speed seems rather cheap.

Good Car, Even Better Value
By Allston

2006 Ford Focus ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car in the summer during Ford's Family Pricing event and got it for $11K. Great functionality, it can fit a elephant in it. Even better than its functionality is its performance, I love it! Drives like its on rails and 0-80 performance is a blast. 5 speed has a good feel and you always know where you are. Great functionality, amazing to drive, 30+ mpg average economy. Don't buy the car to be seen in, I still don't really like the idea of driving a Focus but if you want an inexpensive, reliable, FUN TO DRIVE, good little car, this is for you. And I've gotta say, after 20,000 amazing miles, I've gotten a lot more comfortable with the idea of having this as my car.

Engine sounds amazing, 5 speed is quick and accurate, handles like it's on rails, AC works GREAT, fuel economy is awesome, even with my aggressive driving.

Make it not have the stigma of being a Focus.