Used 2006 Ford Focus Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:

Nice car!
By mndriver4

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I really enjoy driving this car, It's nimble and quick, visibility is the best, nicest economy car I'v ever driven. I get 32 to 34 MPG for my average with about 75% hwy. I like the way you sit high, I'ts been vary reliable 110K miles on it now. I'ts not a refined luxury car but I find it more fun to drive.

Handling, Visibility, fuel economy

Maybe a little better radio,

Only one good thing about it
By aarolar

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Car was purchased new in 2006 since then, it has had 4 sets of tires in only 120k, 3 alternators, been back for a messed up fuel tank vent where it would spit fuel back out of the tank at you, and now to top it all off the cooling fan broke and jabbed through the radiator costing me another 800$! Add all this to the crappy ride and worthless uncomfortable ride and this excuse for a car only has one thing going for it and that's gas mileage. I knew the instant I found out it has a "lifetime airfilter" that this was a worthless throwaway vehicle. As soon as I get this radiator back together I am trading it on something worth my while!

Fuel Mileage

Pretty much everything but the fuel economy. Starting with the tire wear would be a good place to start.

It's an economy car
By pyzik

2006 Ford Focus ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car back in 2009, it had 60k on it at the time. I jumped into this car from a 2002 Mercury Sable Premier that had an engine electrical problem I didn't want to pay to fix. Going from a Premier with all the bells and whistles to this is really what made this car seem less than it is. I am at 120k miles now with the only issue being shocks. All four are bad. Other than that brakes were the only other things that have needed changing. MPG for me has been 25 city and 34 highway. The car has road noise and isn't very comfortable but as I said it's an economy car. It's a little slow but handles great.

Handling is great. I love the hatchback. I get better highway MPG than the window sticker said I would.

Noisy. Steering wheel & mirrors vibrate at idle. Uncomfortable.

Fun, Fast but squeaky
By nickmbb

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Its a nice fast city run-around car. Great on gas and is fun to drive. On the highway, it drives smooth at high speeds. Had it for 6 years now and haven't had any mechanical problems (except that squeak).

Excellent gas milage, very good front window field of view, a lot of head room (I'm 6'6"), large trunk compared to other cars of this size, easy and fun to drive. Has a nice "punch" in its maneuverability. Nice car for urban area, easy to park.

Not the greatest motion stability, rides bumpy. It developed the famous rear side squeak that mechanics can't seem to fix since they can't see any damage when they look for it.

crap!!!
By sm448669

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 06 se at focus,and this is the 3rd!!!! tranny i have put in it...the original crapped out on me at 60,000 miles replaced it and the 2nd one crapped out on my after only 30,000...i will never ever ever again buy another ford car!!!!!!!!

put better transmission in them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!