2006 Ford Focus - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Focus model:
Nice car!
By mndriver4 on 11/04/12 19:40 PM (PST)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I really enjoy driving this car, It's nimble and quick, visibility is the best, nicest economy car I'v ever driven. I get 32 to 34 MPG for my average with about 75% hwy. I like the way you sit high, I'ts been vary reliable 110K miles on it now. I'ts not a refined luxury car but I find it more fun to drive.

Only one good thing about it
By aarolar on 10/02/12 16:45 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SES 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Car was purchased new in 2006 since then, it has had 4 sets of tires in only 120k, 3 alternators, been back for a messed up fuel tank vent where it would spit fuel back out of the tank at you, and now to top it all off the cooling fan broke and jabbed through the radiator costing me another 800$! Add all this to the crappy ride and worthless uncomfortable ride and this excuse for a car only has one thing going for it and that's gas mileage. I knew the instant I found out it has a "lifetime airfilter" that this was a worthless throwaway vehicle. As soon as I get this radiator back together I am trading it on something worth my while!

It's an economy car
By pyzik on 06/27/12 12:31 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car back in 2009, it had 60k on it at the time. I jumped into this car from a 2002 Mercury Sable Premier that had an engine electrical problem I didn't want to pay to fix. Going from a Premier with all the bells and whistles to this is really what made this car seem less than it is. I am at 120k miles now with the only issue being shocks. All four are bad. Other than that brakes were the only other things that have needed changing. MPG for me has been 25 city and 34 highway. The car has road noise and isn't very comfortable but as I said it's an economy car. It's a little slow but handles great.

Fun, Fast but squeaky
By nickmbb on 10/25/11 10:59 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Its a nice fast city run-around car. Great on gas and is fun to drive. On the highway, it drives smooth at high speeds. Had it for 6 years now and haven't had any mechanical problems (except that squeak).

crap!!!
By sm448669 on 09/15/11 23:08 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I have a 06 se at focus,and this is the 3rd!!!! tranny i have put in it...the original crapped out on me at 60,000 miles replaced it and the 2nd one crapped out on my after only 30,000...i will never ever ever again buy another ford car!!!!!!!!

2006 Focus SES Wagon Automatic - Bought new, now 5 years old
By jmiller38 on 07/03/11 09:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus ZXW SES 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

The first 2 years gave me very satisfactory service, and then things went from good to not so good. Had to have a new transmission around 34000 miles (under warranty). Headlights needed replacing at 3 years. Trim clips are lousy. Starter battery died; needed new fuel line and now the alternator went out ($700). Bumper crumples and quite costly to repair. Plastic gears for the arm rest break easily. Costs $500 to replace. Have had all my service done on schedule by Ford and do get good mileage. Bought for safety considerations. My car has had more problems than my friend's 2006 Focus hatchback. I'm wondering when the brakes and/or exhaust will go. Considered contacting Ford directly.

Focus on bang for buck
By bliston1 on 04/09/11 11:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

First real car that i've purchased coming from driving a dodge neon that i put way to much time into keeping running been driving this car since 01/08 and it's been doing great, now i've been reading through the reviews saying that it's bad in the snow, and i'm going to go out on a limb and just say they must have bald tires or be horrible drivers. living in Logan Utah i have yet to have any problems through out the 3 winters that i've had this car, and I've got 40k+ on the all weather tires. Also i'm 6'1 and fit very well into the car with plenty of room to spare may be a bit low to get into but not that bad,

Very Reliable Car!
By sobefobik on 03/14/11 10:55 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Overall this has been a great car and I would purchase another. I have put over 110,000 on this car in 4 years with no problems other than replacing the alternator, which is a cheap fix. The CD player did break, too. Also, the rear brakes are very squeaky, which seems to be a common problem with the car. I've driven this on several trips each being 2,000+ miles with NO problems.

Focus ST 5spd Still Fun
By Proud Owner on 10/12/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Bought my 2006 4-door Focus ST (5 spd) in Jan, 2009. It had 6.5k mi. Now it has 44k trouble-free miles and continues to be dependable, economical, and fun. Just as tight and fun to drive now as it was 38k miles ago. 25mpg in town, 30-31mpg on highway at 70-80 mph. Has always been a great highway driver, and now with new Continental Extreme Contact DW tires, tracks like a toy slot car on the highway and just as pleasurable in town. Great combination of economy, value, reliability, and fun. Was hit from behind by Corolla while at stop light. Corolla's front end and hood was crumpled and couldn't tell Focus had been hit except for Corolla's paint on rear bumper.

2006 Focus ZX3 2 dr Hatchback
By starrynight548 on 08/24/10 15:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Ford Focus ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I like this car, especially how easy it is to maneuver in tight areas. Brakes are noisy, took it in for check up & was told squeaky brakes were normal for this car. I do wish I got better gas mileage, and wish the back seats would fold down flat (as the dealer assured me they would, but they don't)

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.