2005 Ford Focus Consumer Review: We'll See!

2005 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

We'll See!
By focus1 on

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 ST 4dr Sedan (2.3L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased my '05 Focus last month and so far I've been pretty happy with it. However, there were three defects that have been corrected. They forgot to install one of the bolts that holds the rear wheel well guard in place. Paint defect on the hood and the passenger mirror molding came loose. Local dealer fixed them all. Must have been built on a Fiday or Monday! Overall this little car is very good. The idependant rear suspension is nice as is the handling and responsiveness. The driver seat feels like it wraps around you. Traded in my '03 Corolla for it. The Corolla is jerky on the road and hurts your rear after a long trip. I hope the Focus can stay par with reliability.

Favorite Features

Independant rear suspension. 16" Perelli tires. Slick 5 speed manual. Handling. Ride comfort is very good. Mileage is decent. Exhuast sound is nice. Stock stereo w/ six cd changer is nice. Telescoping steering wheel. Price. Worth a test drive.

Suggested Improvements

Day time running lights. Needs a dome light (very dark at night in the back seat). Spare change holder. Outside temp indicator. Move the stupid looking antenna (it's right in the middle of the roof in front)! My 9 year old said to add side skirts, neons and NOS....