2005 Ford Focus Consumer Review: Watch Out!

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Review

Watch Out!
By Matt on

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new in 2004 to replace my ailing 94 S-10 with 240k miles. I am less than happy with my car. Things that went wrong under warranty. CD Player - dead within weeks, replaced. Heater Core - dead within 18 months and leaked all over interior. Replaced part but not interior. Wobbling - found no problems, but I paid to rebalance, still wobbles. Unfixed issues - starting, the car just sometimes will not start. AC - varies from cold to warm randomly. Interior stinks, as one person mentioned "rattlebox". Engine seems loud, and I've been told it's just injector pulse. Interior can get loud on highway. Currently, blower on level 3 does not work. No leg room, tilt wheel stinks.

Car engine seems reliable, no major issues there. Good power for a small car, good handling. I love the steering wheel audio controls and MP3 deck although the stereo system lacks. Lots of cup holders. Good interior space. Easy fold down rear seats.

Interior rattles horribly - please improve. Telescoping steering wheel seems odd. I just can't get it right. Better gas mileage, the EPA estimates are very misleading. I've never reached over 31 MPG and I do all highway driving. Hard to hear anything when traveling on the highway, very loud.