2005 Ford Focus Consumer Review: The best choice I never did ma

2005 Ford Focus Sedan - Consumer Review

The best choice I never did make
By Rach on

2005 Ford Focus ZX4 SE 4dr Sedan (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I didn't make the decision to get a Focus -- my husband and the salesman did. I wanted the big SUV. Of course, it was a blessing that I decided on the Focus, especially with the price of gas these days. It is WONDERFUL on fuel! I get about 432 miles to the tank and I get 36 miles to the gallon. It has a 12 gallon tank. Great on the pocket book. Much better than 15 miles to the gallon! It is fun to drive, but because of the fuel economy, the 2.0L engine doesn't have the pep that my former V8 had. However, I much prefer to save the gas and money. Would definitely recommend it as a car for anybody who likes to drive, despite the rising fuel costs.

INTERIOR DESIGN! The weight sensor air bag control is a wonderful safety feature. I love the storage space too. The water bottle holders in both front doors are really handy additions to the 2 center cup holders. The big trunk and the fact that the rear seat pulls down to add space is great too!

More horse power. It takes a while to speed up while going up the entrance ramp to the interstate. I would make ABS brakes a standard safety feature. Right now it's only optional. I would also have the rear trunk actually pop open with hydraulics rather than manually lifting it open. (Easier for loading).

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review