2005 Ford Focus Consumer Review: 2005 Focus

2005 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

2005 Focus
By sgallagh on

2005 Ford Focus ZX5 SE 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Not impressed with the cheap tires I had to replace after 25,000 miles. Brakes have been replaced twice within first two years. Just took it in for it's 30,000 mile maintenance and had to pay $600 for the parts and labor. Seems like I'm always needing to take it in to have somthing checked out whether it's alignment or brakes. For a car that was rated well by Consumer Reports, I am not all that impressed by the Focus. I was hesitant to buy a Ford but took the chance. Not sure I'm happy I did. The "fun" aspects of the car don't make up for it's flaws.

I like my ZX5 hatchback. It's great for taking my dog in the car. The stereo upgrade I have is also nice, as is the stereo control on the steering wheel.

I don't like the cupholders. They are difficult to put tall cups in. The ride is noisy too, which makes talking and listening to music difficult. The A/C isn't that great and neither is the mileage.