2005 Ford Focus Consumer Review: Really nice car for the money

2005 Ford Focus - Consumer Review

ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Really nice car for the money
By Mike on

2005 Ford Focus ZX5 SES 4dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a nice inexpensive car to replace my old '91 saab 900s. I wanted similar features that I had; heated seats, CD, heated mirrors, good mileage , and adequate power. This car delivers in all areas and more. The price was $14,700 after rebates. I got used to the car immediately, more comfortable, more power, better mileage and emissions , better handling, more room, more everything, than my old Saab. Very pleased with the car. Fun to drive! Best car for the money in my opinion. Considered Honda , Nissan, Toyota but none could match feature for price. Better warranty also with Ford.

Favorite Features

Heated seats, handling, stock radio, pickup throughout the power band. Logical control layout. tilt telescoping wheel. Heater works! Radio gets lots of stations. Seating position is slighter higher than most and that is nice.

Suggested Improvements

A little more power from stock radio (it is adequate but i like it loud). Put a door handle on hatch instead of having to use the key or the button to open. Make side airbag standard on SES. Roof rails for rack please. A storage place for change. Better clutch feel, it's slightly vague.