Perfect Little Wagon
By Ken Peters on
2005 Ford Focus ZXW SES 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I have logged 900 miles in the first two weeks of ownership, and I absolutely love my little Liquid Grey Focus wagon. I "downsized" from a 2002 Lincoln LS V-8 to save on fuel and gain more cargo capacity. I was worried that an econobox ride would be disappointing. Boy, was I wrong. I love driving the Focus. Handling/steering is outstanding, engine power is surprising and the seats are very comfortable, even on long trips. The 6-disc CD/MP3 player is amazing - a great sound system. I opted for a power moonroof, ABS and side impact airbags as the major add ons. I learned years ago with a Mercury Tracer that loading an econo-car with all the bells and whistles is the best way to go.
Favorite Features
6-disc CD/MP3 player (makes me want to driver it!); power moonroof; ABS and side airbag safety features; high driver's seat position; cargo space; fuel economy (especially when compared to my Lincoln LS); four cupholders up front, with two in the doors; A/C cools quickly; cute-as-a-bug looks.
Suggested Improvements
Availability of AWD for some shoppers; improved sun visors; better quality cargo cover (mine already has a crease in center); cross rails on the roof rack. But overall this vehicle is nearly perfect as-is. Can't praise it highly enough!