new owner
By igor on
2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
bought 2 wks ago. have 700 miles on it. so far all good, without complaints. Best things: HATCHBACK without the blingbling: I would be in Mazda3 5door, but I don;t need the engine and ppearance package. Ford got it right with offering the 3door as a cheaper alternative. Sedans are impractical, and I don't need a wagon.. OPTIONS: I put almost everythign on the car, and it feels like a much more expensive car. ENGINE: while sometimes I miss the v8 I got rid off, the engine is decent enough for every situation FUN: the car loves to be pused a little. loves curves and sharper driving (refreshing after expedition). Quality... way beond anything GM, without the extra premium of japanese beand.
Favorite Features
class, comfort, fun to drive and options. not forced to bigger engine or "appearance pakage". with all the summer 05 discounts, paid 13k for a 19k car without hagling (the dealer is still my friend :-) very decent engine, very responsive steering, and very predictable when pushed a little bit.
Suggested Improvements
change tires on 16" wheels. The pirelli P6 fourseason are just bad. they don't drive exceptionally well, and aparently fail in about 20k miles. More covered storage space in front cabin would help- everything is "open" so I don;t want to leae things there.