My first car
By kraftikitty on
2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
At twenty-one, buying your first car is a major decision ... especially when you can only afford a sixty month lease, so you'll be driving that vehicle every day for six years before it is paid off. After much research, I settled on this car, based on its aesthetically pleasing design, the "cute" look, its sensitive handling, and fuel economy. I work one mile from home, so my mileage isn't intense, but using this car for pleasure as well, I only refuel about once every ten days, sometimes less often. This car is wonderful for a first-time buyer, or a family car. Insurance for any new car will be very high, though, so be warned ... especially if you're under 25.
Favorite Features
I love the look and feel of this car. It's smooth, fun to drive, and stands out from the crowd. It doesn't look like very many other cars. Also, the 6 CD changer is very convenient ... and everything you need is always within reach.
Suggested Improvements
I'm not too familiar with other cars, only having driven my car and two Ford Explorers, but I feel like I'm on a carnival ride when taking a 90-degree turn at more than 15 mph. Might be due to the round hatchback design ... I'm not familiar with dynamics of vehicles. Overall, though, I love my car.