2005 Ford Focus Consumer Review: My first car

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Review

My first car
By kraftikitty on

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

At twenty-one, buying your first car is a major decision ... especially when you can only afford a sixty month lease, so you'll be driving that vehicle every day for six years before it is paid off. After much research, I settled on this car, based on its aesthetically pleasing design, the "cute" look, its sensitive handling, and fuel economy. I work one mile from home, so my mileage isn't intense, but using this car for pleasure as well, I only refuel about once every ten days, sometimes less often. This car is wonderful for a first-time buyer, or a family car. Insurance for any new car will be very high, though, so be warned ... especially if you're under 25.

I love the look and feel of this car. It's smooth, fun to drive, and stands out from the crowd. It doesn't look like very many other cars. Also, the 6 CD changer is very convenient ... and everything you need is always within reach.

I'm not too familiar with other cars, only having driven my car and two Ford Explorers, but I feel like I'm on a carnival ride when taking a 90-degree turn at more than 15 mph. Might be due to the round hatchback design ... I'm not familiar with dynamics of vehicles. Overall, though, I love my car.