2005 Ford Focus 2.0L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Review - Love the car, hate the

2005 Ford Focus Wagon - Consumer Review

Love the car, hate the chintzy interior
By Carole Child on

2005 Ford Focus ZXW SES 4dr Wagon (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I really like my Ford Focus Wagon; it's good looking, zippy, reliable (so far) pretty good on gas around town, excellent on the road. I am not happy with the inferior interior ... when the drivers seat is back as far as it will go there are wires exposed, seat runners and handles exposed and clothing keeps getting caught on the handles. I am a very large person and I find the drivers space very comfortable, unfortunately the back seats are cramped. No space for women to put their purses. Some feature in the trunk for grocery bags, hooks, cut-outs whatever, so groceries aren't rolling all over car. Would I buy it again ... you bet!

Favorite Features

Love the zippiness and power. Front seat roomy even for really big people. I also like the cup holder and inserts, they really do handle most size containers.

Suggested Improvements

Improve the interior especially the stuff under the seats which gets exposed when seats are back all the way, wires, handles, runners etc. No place for a woman to put a purse. The passenger winds up holding the purses as there is no floor room or space between seats.