Great value.
By Joseph Bergevin on
2005 Ford Focus ZX3 S 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)
I just bought the 2005 ZX3, having previously bought a 99' ZX2, and I'm impressed with the refinement. I really liked my ZX2 (still do, actually), so I was surprised how much more advanced the Focus felt when I got behind the wheel. It rides smoothly, quietly, and relatively sprightly. You sit much higher. The steering wheel feels and looks nice and the stick feels much more "short throw" and precise. The clutch is effortless. It's easily the nicest car I've owned, out of 4 used and 2 new cars. It's roomy. It's solid. Above all, it's very reasonably priced. Ford is finally meeting the Japanese in quality, and (slightly) beating them in price. Kudos!
Favorite Features
As I said, the clutch and shifter are pretty nice for an economy car. The seating and cabin are quite accomodating. I like the door pouch cup holders.
Suggested Improvements
Hmm. The front visors feel somewhat cheap, as do the window cranks. The turn signal is kinda loud and clicky (though my wife preferrs it). The keys have enormous plastic heads. Minor issues, though.