2005 Ford Focus Consumer Review: Great little car

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Review

Great little car
By fundrive on

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SE 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

I owned a 2001 Ford Focus ZTS and drove my brother's 2001 Honda Civic Lx while I was home for several weeks. When I went to buy a new car, I was set on the Civic until I drove the new Focus. It just feels better to me. The performance is much better than my old Focus, the transmission is smoother and quieter, and overall the workmanship seems higher quality. I wouldn't consider it the best of its class, but it is as good or better than the Civic, Corolla and Cavalier, all of which I test drove. Would I change things? Yes, but for the amount I paid, it is a great car. I put 120,000 on my old Focus in 4 years without any problems. I expect no less from this fun little car.

CD/MP3 player that adjusts its volume as you speed up and slow down. The drivetrain is great. Ride is better and quieter. Transmission is quieter. Road/wind noise is less. The doors and trunk are less tinny when closed. Much more refined.

I liked the old interior. It was bold without being obnoxious. The new one is ok, but it could use a little bit more flare. Please don't turn into a vanilla Toyota-like company. I would like a slightly stiffer suspension (ala Mazda3).