2005 Ford Focus Consumer Review: Great deal, but rife with rust

2005 Ford Focus Hatchback - Consumer Review

Great deal, but rife with rust!
By Krakenbound on

2005 Ford Focus ZX3 SES 2dr Hatchback (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

For the price, this car can't be beat, if you value the same things I value, which are 5 speed performance, hatch back functionality, clean and modern interior, low maintenance, and reasonable gas mileage. The 5 speed is very quick. The handling is very good. The tires stick well, work great in the rain, and aren't too noisy. The interior has clean lines, functional controls, and good shades of grey. The seats are well designed, firm, and very comfortable for my 5'10", 240lb body. (my 5'2", 110lb girlfriend likes them too!)

Engine performance, handling, storage, interior, upgraded stereo, sunroof, anti-lock brakes, side airbags, power everything. Good cup holders! Great water bottle holders in the doors. Great remote stereo controls.

Fix the chronic rust problem in the front dash supports. Check the bare metal surrounding the glove boxes to see what I mean. Ford Engineers say "not covered by warranty". Fix the rust, Ford! No excuses! Add another power outlet. Increase the outward travel of the tilt steering wheel a bit.